Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC customised family table not showing material in "Place" dialog box

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RobRidings1
282 Views, 1 Reply

CC customised family table not showing material in "Place" dialog box

We're experiencing a strange problem.  I have recently modified the CC of a part family so that different materials for the same part can be chosen.  When I exit the editor and place the component I can see the choice of the materials in the dialog box - no problems (See 1st attachment" 

But when I go to another users PC they cannot see any of the new materials in the "Place content center" dialog box!?! (See 2nd attachment)

For information, we are running Inv. 2011 with Vault Professional 2012

The CC libraries are stored on the server and we have one custom library to which I have publish the modified part family.

The custom CC has been fully synchronised with the Vault server

The materials.xml containing the new materials used in the part family has been downloaded to the users local workspace.

Anyone got any ideas??

Inventor Pro 2021 Pro
Vault Pro 2021 Pro
Revit 2021
Navisworks Manage 2021
Windows 10 v1909, 64-bit
Intel i7-6700K @ 4.0GHz
64GB
Nvidia Quadro M4000
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobRidings1
in reply to: RobRidings1

OK - I managed to solve this problem.

It turns out the new materials were added to the family table by copy/paste and then modifying the material.

When I reverted back to the original table and then added the material using the "Material guide" in the CC editor everything worked as expected.

Inventor Pro 2021 Pro
Vault Pro 2021 Pro
Revit 2021
Navisworks Manage 2021
Windows 10 v1909, 64-bit
Intel i7-6700K @ 4.0GHz
64GB
Nvidia Quadro M4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report