Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC & Standards for NPT

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Talayoe
302 Views, 2 Replies

CC & Standards for NPT

Howdy all,

I know this thread has been beaten to death, but I am going to re-beat it. Two points/questions;

1. In CC, how or where do we get supplements for it?

2. Realizing that the list of 'standard' parts could be miles long,  why can simple things like NPT standards not be included? This is not only in CC, but in thread creation as well. I dont mind subbing threads for ISO 'G' style threads...but that is not the point. Inventor has been around for a coons age and simple widely used components such as this should be added, imo. This was brought on by my searching for NPT grease nipples.

This is not a rant or a slam, just a simple thought/comment/question. 🙂

tks! 

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Talayoe

1.  Supplements:  Check sites like Grabcad, Cbliss.com or other model sharing sites for possible fitting/Instrument ipart libraries.  When in doubt... Google it.  Or, create your own ipart families and publish them to the CC, then YOU have the control.  Yes it's a lot of work.

2.  I don's disagree there could be more support forpiping in general, but I have found there are a lot of standard libraries already in the CC.  Specialty items like grease fittings may have been overlooked.  The place to go with these ideas would be the Idea Station.  Post your suggestions there and then come back in here to solicit votes for your idea (or on Twitter, FB etc... wherever you communicate with your peers).  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

Message 3 of 3
jtylerbc
in reply to: Talayoe

Grease fittings in particular definitely are available at CBliss as an iPart - I use them all the time. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report