Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see sketch lines in drawing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Winks87
3246 Views, 2 Replies

Cant see sketch lines in drawing

Cant figure this out - I create a sketch in a drawing, but I cant see the lines as I'm drawing them.  The lines are on a "solid" layer set to red as defined in my standard.  The background of my drawings is black.  When the line command is done, the line appears and it's red.  Problem is I cant see it as I'm sketching.  Is there any way to modify this?  Can I have the line appear red (or white) as I'm sketching?

James Winkler
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Winks87

Thats because the lines are black when you are first creating them..

I'd suggest switching to a white background for drawing.. Its one of those "do it black in Autocad and do it white in Inventor" things..

Color schemes for Inventor are mostly set based on light colored drawings vs Autocads dark ones..

What color is your ipt/iam background color.. I think you will have problems if you have light colors for iam/ipt but dark for idw as some of the settings are carried across both..(I think)

But you should be able to use the Inventor Color Scheme editor to change the color

some tips on this here (based on an older version but its roughly the same procedure)

http://opendesignproject.org/2010/09/02/creating-a-new-application-color-scheme-in-autodesk-inventor...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
bob_holland
in reply to: Winks87

James,

I wanted to let you know that the color scheme that you use in Part sketch environment is that same scheme that is used in your DWG/IDW sketch environment.  This can lead you to unknowingly choose to put white vectors on white white paper.  The only time you can see them is by hovering over them. 

Does this help explain what you are probably seeing?

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report