Inventor General Discussion

Mentor
Winks87
Message 1 of 3 (575 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cant see sketch lines in drawing

575 Views, 2 Replies
12-18-2013 11:49 AM

Cant figure this out - I create a sketch in a drawing, but I cant see the lines as I'm drawing them.  The lines are on a "solid" layer set to red as defined in my standard.  The background of my drawings is black.  When the line command is done, the line appears and it's red.  Problem is I cant see it as I'm sketching.  Is there any way to modify this?  Can I have the line appear red (or white) as I'm sketching?

James Winkler

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Vault Professional 2014
Windows 7 Pro SP1
HP-Z400: 2.67 GHz 12 Gb Ram
Nvidia Quadro FX1800 driver 276.42

James,

I wanted to let you know that the color scheme that you use in Part sketch environment is that same scheme that is used in your DWG/IDW sketch environment.  This can lead you to unknowingly choose to put white vectors on white white paper.  The only time you can see them is by hovering over them. 

Does this help explain what you are probably seeing?

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 2 of 3 (565 Views)

Re: Cant see sketch lines in drawing

12-18-2013 12:34 PM in reply to: Winks87

Thats because the lines are black when you are first creating them..

I'd suggest switching to a white background for drawing.. Its one of those "do it black in Autocad and do it white in Inventor" things..

Color schemes for Inventor are mostly set based on light colored drawings vs Autocads dark ones..

What color is your ipt/iam background color.. I think you will have problems if you have light colors for iam/ipt but dark for idw as some of the settings are carried across both..(I think)

But you should be able to use the Inventor Color Scheme editor to change the color

some tips on this here (based on an older version but its roughly the same procedure)

http://opendesignproject.org/2010/09/02/creating-a-new-application-color-scheme-in-autodesk-inventor...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

Product Support
bob.holland
Message 3 of 3 (523 Views)

Re: Can't see sketch lines in drawing

12-23-2013 04:18 PM in reply to: Winks87

James,

I wanted to let you know that the color scheme that you use in Part sketch environment is that same scheme that is used in your DWG/IDW sketch environment.  This can lead you to unknowingly choose to put white vectors on white white paper.  The only time you can see them is by hovering over them. 

Does this help explain what you are probably seeing?

Bob Holland

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.