Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Figure out how To create Flat Pattern from this Model

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
DeerSpotter
553 Views, 8 Replies

Cant Figure out how To create Flat Pattern from this Model

As you can see i did some guess work on what it could be, But im not exactly sure i am right. 

Is there anyway inventor could help with guessing the flat pattern? Do you think it is possible? 

And if someone here does actually model a flat pattern could you help me understand how you did it, i would love to learn.

Much Appreciated!

Maxim Teleguz

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
blair
in reply to: DeerSpotter

If you developed it from a Flat piece and used the Roll to get the bends you might be able to.

Start with a flat piece, place a sketch with a line in the middle, bend one side to get a half-pipe, then another sketch using the middle line to get the other side to the basic pipe shape. Then use the Roll command to get your bends, it will produce a flat pattern.

I don't think you will be able to get there from here with the Sweep shape.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 9
4donwan4
in reply to: blair

Blair is correct. Even if you got it to work on the start but once you start to attempt to bend it, as in the sweep, it will deform the material overall thickness. The thickness needs to be constant through the piece and if it’s compromised errors will occur when attempting the flat pattern.

Regards,

Don

Message 4 of 9
DeerSpotter
in reply to: 4donwan4

okay so i modeled it to Blair's guidlines. (obviously since i was in a rush i could of easily avoided some steps in the feature tree) dont judge me 😛

But now im stuck on the problem of unfolding it and assembling the flat patterns. 

I hate my boss for making me do this.

Paul i still love you 😉 

-Max

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 5 of 9
blair

I'll try to give you the step by step as this must be done within the Sheet-Metal module, Bend Part tool is not a Sheet-Metal Tool and has no "Flatten" command. This must be done as a single part IPT file and not an IAM with a number of IPT files

1. Start using the Sheet-Metal Template

2. Create your flat plate, for the start of the run

3. Do the Fold for the one side of the tube

4. Do the Fold for the other side of the tube

5. Then follow the instruction for the Contour Roll to get your bends in the pipe: http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-D5C7D4E1-2EEC-4E39-A9F5-023D3F0D78FB

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 9
DeerSpotter

Okay so here is the itteration(model) that i came up with.

Could you let me know your thoughts?

with the flat pattern, how can i create information or give enough info for a beautiful cut-out? (not enough sheet metal experience)

Thanks again!
Max

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 7 of 9
blair

Looks perfect, and the flat pattern will be a rectangle, just as it's suppose to be. Smiley Very Happy

When you create your flat lay-out for the drawing, it will give you the bend lines and the radius when you.Capture1.JPG

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 9
blair

When you place your view, you can select the "Flat Lay-Out" option when you select the view for your drawing. Then click on the lay-out view and then select the Table from the Annotation Menu. It will then put the Bend Table into the drawing.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 9
DeerSpotter

Looking forward to trying this!

See My LinkedIn Profile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report