Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Roy Hoover
Message 1 of 15 (34 Views)

Cannot use Design Assistant at all?

34 Views, 14 Replies
11-11-2004 08:57 AM
sorry if this has been addressed, I do not have the time to research this. I need to use design assistant 9 to rename multiple parts of an assembly. I have done this many times in previous Inventor releases. I open the assembly in DA and all the files are grayed out and cannot do ANYTHING to them. I have SP1 and the hot fix for DA installed up to date... still nothing. here are some error messages
Distinguished Contributor
dan_mayers
Message 2 of 15 (34 Views)

Re: Cannot use Design Assistant at all?

11-11-2004 09:29 AM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
The OLE errors are not affecting your ability to use DA. DA cannot handle OLE links to things like spreadsheets and such.

The problem is that the files you are trying to manipulate are from an older version of Inventor. Open the assembly you are trying to work with and save it. Then try running DA. Alternately, you can run the migration tool on it.

Either way, that should fix your problem.

Dan
*Kent Keller
Message 3 of 15 (34 Views)

11-11-2004 09:33 AM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
Looks like you need to migrate the files to the current release. I would run the migration assistant on the project and then try it again. -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Roy Hoover" wrote in message news:419399b8_3@newsprd01... > sorry if this has been addressed, I do not have the time to research this. > > I need to use design assistant 9 to rename multiple parts of an assembly. I > have done this many times in previous Inventor releases. > I open the assembly in DA and all the files are grayed out and cannot do > ANYTHING to them. > > I have SP1 and the hot fix for DA installed up to date... still nothing. > > here are some error messages > > > >
*Roy Hoover
Message 4 of 15 (34 Views)

11-11-2004 10:48 AM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
Next suggestion... still no luck all but the five parts are already migrated to version 9 "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:4193a270$1_3@newsprd01... > Looks like you need to migrate the files to the current release. I would > run the migration assistant on the project and then try it again. > > -- > Kent Keller > Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator > > > "Roy Hoover" wrote in message > news:419399b8_3@newsprd01... > > sorry if this has been addressed, I do not have the time to research this. > > > > I need to use design assistant 9 to rename multiple parts of an assembly. > I > > have done this many times in previous Inventor releases. > > I open the assembly in DA and all the files are grayed out and cannot do > > ANYTHING to them. > > > > I have SP1 and the hot fix for DA installed up to date... still nothing. > > > > here are some error messages > > > > > > > > > >
*Kent Keller
Message 5 of 15 (34 Views)

11-11-2004 11:11 AM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
So are you saying you migrate these 5 parts and it is still saying they need to be migrated? -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Roy Hoover" wrote in message news:4193b3c1$1_2@newsprd01... > Next suggestion... still no luck all but the five parts are already migrated > to version 9
*Roy Hoover
Message 6 of 15 (34 Views)

11-11-2004 11:28 AM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
Those 5 parts are not my problem, I have to change parts that are not those five. Design Assistant will not allow me to change ANYTHING... All the fields are grayed out and cannot modify anything. This is really preventing me from getting my work done and I'm at a loss "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:4193b974$1_1@newsprd01... > So are you saying you migrate these 5 parts and it is still saying they need > to be migrated? > > -- > Kent Keller > Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator > > > "Roy Hoover" wrote in message > news:4193b3c1$1_2@newsprd01... > > Next suggestion... still no luck all but the five parts are already > migrated > > to version 9 > >
*KJohnson
Message 7 of 15 (34 Views)

11-11-2004 11:40 AM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
What is your project set too? You can not use DA if you are in semi-isolated. K Johnson
*Roy Hoover
Message 8 of 15 (34 Views)

11-11-2004 12:31 PM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
I have went as far as to pack&go the whole assembly and turn the p&g into a single user project. I still cannot change a thing "KJohnson" wrote in message news:4193c020$1_1@newsprd01... > What is your project set too? You can not use DA if you are in > semi-isolated. > > K Johnson > >
Distinguished Contributor
dan_mayers
Message 9 of 15 (34 Views)

11-11-2004 01:14 PM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
Is it possible that the files are checked out? Was the project ever a shared or semi-isolated project? Possibly on a read only drive?...
*Roy Hoover
Message 10 of 15 (34 Views)

11-11-2004 02:17 PM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
none of the files I need to modify are checked out or read only "dan_mayers" wrote in message news:28948243.1100207682358.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Is it possible that the files are checked out? Was the project ever a shared or semi-isolated project? Possibly on a read only drive?...
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.