Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
dclassen
Message 11 of 15 (58 Views)

Re: Cannot use Design Assistant at all?

11-12-2004 01:47 PM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
So if your project is semi-isolated, what DO you do to change paths and manage the file structures? I am having this problem also, but I want the benefits of the semi-isolated mode..
Distinguished Contributor
pkquat
Message 12 of 15 (58 Views)

11-12-2004 02:26 PM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
The files and associated files you want to manipulate need to be checked in. I think Kent K. has program called unreserve that makes this a breeze. The other option is to open the assembly and check the needed files in or steal / cancel checkouts of files that someone forgot to check in.

If some one does need it checked out and IS working on it, then DON'T steal or cancel the checkout, as this could mess things up big time.

I often make backups before I start to do anything major with DA.

Pete
*Kent Keller
Message 13 of 15 (58 Views)

11-12-2004 03:08 PM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
It is Charles that has that program. www.cbliss.com -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "pkquat" wrote in message news:25714581.1100298392659.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > The files and associated files you want to manipulate need to be checked in. I think Kent K. has program called unreserve that makes this a breeze.
Valued Contributor
dclassen
Message 14 of 15 (58 Views)

11-12-2004 03:27 PM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
ok, i have an idw of a single ipt. very simple. the two files reside within a semi-isolated project together. I want to create another part and drawing that are very similar, within the same project but named something else, but I don't want to create a new idw with new views and dims. so, i copy the idw and ipt within windows explorer, then open the idw in design assistant and go to the manage mode. when i do so, there are no functions available when right clicking. in fact, much of it is "grayed out". I have checked and neither the original ipt or idw are checked out, nor are the new copies of them.
*Hal Gwin
Message 15 of 15 (58 Views)

11-12-2004 04:00 PM in reply to: *Roy Hoover
As long as the project file has the "multi-user" set to semi-isolated you will not be able to modify using DA. Change to "multi-user" to off and then you should be able to modify using DA. Reset to semi-isolated when finished. dclassen wrote: > ok, i have an idw of a single ipt. very simple. the two files reside within a semi-isolated project together. I want to create another part and drawing that are very similar, within the same project but named something else, but I don't want to create a new idw with new views and dims. so, i copy the idw and ipt within windows explorer, then open the idw in design assistant and go to the manage mode. when i do so, there are no functions available when right clicking. in fact, much of it is "grayed out". I have checked and neither the original ipt or idw are checked out, nor are the new copies of them. -- Hal Gwin Mechanical Designer Xenogen W2K SP4 Dell Precision 650 Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon 1.5 GB DDR Quadro4 900 XGL nVidia 6.14.10.6085 w/registry update Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.