Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot "Get Model Sketches" (command is greyed out when selected)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1611 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot "Get Model Sketches" (command is greyed out when selected)

I have a model that has a single sketch as the last item in the feature tree. After I place my model views on a sheet I drill down and select the model with the sketch, right click and select "get model sketches" The option becomes selected and greys out (it cannot be unselected) the sketch DOES NOT DISPLAY in the the drawing. How do I get the model sketch to show up? The sketch is an important piece of information my customer must have. I know the model has the sketch in it and it's visibility is set to on. Please help.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you have to then go down and check "include" for that sketch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thank you for the reply. The sketch is not visible in the feature tree (on the drawing). When I right click on the model the only "include" options I have are "Include all surfaces" and "Include work features". When I right click on the VIEW I do not get any "include" options. Regards
Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

Can you post the part?

Is it an ipart? or anything else "special" about it.

Can you try it with another "generic" part if you can't post that? 

Does it work if you do try it with another part?

Have you updated Inventor?

It works just fine here. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

After playing around with a basic block. It appears that "get model sketches" only works on a view that is normal to the sketch plane. This poses a problem as I need the sketch to appear in the drawing view but the sketch is not normal to the drawing view. Does anyone know if there is a work around for this?
Message 6 of 6
mcgyvr

@conbuc wrote:
After playing around with a basic block. It appears that "get model sketches" only works on a view that is normal to the sketch plane. This poses a problem as I need the sketch to appear in the drawing view but the sketch is not normal to the drawing view. Does anyone know if there is a work around for this?

Might help to describe what your "sketch" actually is and what you need it to accomplish.. But yes it must be normal to the view. 

I do silkscreening and simply extrude the text so it will show up in all views.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report