Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Preview DWFX as Thumbnail or in Preview Pane in Windows 7

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
petestrycharske
659 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot Preview DWFX as Thumbnail or in Preview Pane in Windows 7

All,

I am having trouble getting DWFX files to show up in Windows Explorer in Windows 7.  It would be really handy to be able to preview these DWFX files either with a thumbnail or with the preview pane.  Inventor files and AutoCAD files work fine, but for some reason, the DWFX files do not preview for me.  Some other users I work with seem to be able to preview them intermittently, which seems kind of odd that it doesn't work all of the time.  I am just creating this DWFX preview by exporting through the Application Menu.  Has anyone run into this before and can offer any advice?  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Preview of IPT.png

Thumbnail preview of Inventor part

No Preview.png

No preview thumbnail for DWFX (Would also be okay with a Preview Pane image)

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Cadmanto
in reply to: petestrycharske

Pete,

I assume you mean .dwf files.  With that, currently they cannot be viewed. 

See this thread.  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/DWF-Viewer/No-DWF-thumbnails-in-Windows-Explorer-Windows-7/td-p/277364...

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report