Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open tutorials in inventor 2011

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
487 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot open tutorials in inventor 2011

Hello,

I am not able to open the tutorial files in the getting started tab. I get a script error "could not complete the operation due to error 800a01ad" for both the tutorials and the help files. Anyone else had this problem or have an idea what is causing it? I have Windows 7 64 bit SP1, IE 9. I am not getting script errors with any other web sites. Thanks for any suggestions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

The 800A01AD error may be caused by windows registry damage. The corrupted registry entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.

There can be many events which may have resulted in the registry errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows registry. This corrupted registry will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.

Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):

1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.

2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.

3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next.

4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next.

5) Click Next on the confirmation window.

6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Thank you Blair,

I did try system restore, no luck. I am considering re-install of inventor

Message 4 of 5
blair

Possibly check if your ActiveX is current, I see that you are using Explorer 9.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
andgordo558

Yeah, that keeps happening to me too =P

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report