Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make part adaptive

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PBL_Engineer
625 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot make part adaptive

I am building an assembly.  I created a part, placed it in the assembly, and am attempting to make it adaptive to model its range of motion in the drawing.  However,  Inventor is not allowing me to make the part adaptive (Please see attached Image).  What is the cause for this and how do I fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: PBL_Engineer

Open the part by itself.  Go to Tools\Document Settings.  Look for a check box that says Used Adaptively in Assembly (or something like that... don't have Inventor open at the moment).  Uncheck that box if it is checked and you should be good to go.

It it is NOT checked...we'll have to look at something else.

Good luck!  🙂

Message 3 of 5
PBL_Engineer
in reply to: cbenner

Thank you.  This has fixed the issue.  It actually originally still did not work; however, after fussing around with the part and ensureing that box was unchecked allowed me to make the part adaptive. 

I do still have one other issue with this however.  There were two different parts that I was having issues making adaptive.  Now that I have been able to make them adaptive I am able to have the intended parts move.  The issue is originally the sub-assembly was generic and I had two of them in the master assembly, by having one of them adaptive they moved together; now that I have made the components right/left side unique, they move seperate from one another.  I attempted to add a flush constraint to the moving parts; this completly restricts all motion rather than keeping them "inline", even though they are adaptive.  Is their another way of keeping the sub assemblies "inline" with one another?

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: PBL_Engineer

it looked to me like maybe you really needed to check Flexible for the sub-assembly withing the assembly.

I would be surprised if Adaptive is what you really really want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
PBL_Engineer
in reply to: JDMather

Adaptive VS flexable does not fix anything.  I personally like the adaptive option as the sub assemblies are modified when the parts get 'moved' in the master assembly.  My issue is that when I add a constraint to keep the moving parts together (when one sub assembly's part moves the other sub assembly's part moves as well) instead it fixes both parts in-place unable to move at all.  Otherwize everything is working as needed (the sub assemblies components can freely move as intended).

I am looking for an option to maintain two parts from different sub-assemblies to move together with one another.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report