Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot generate files from iPart factory

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
2224 Views, 12 Replies

Cannot generate files from iPart factory

iPart factory created & published OK, but when attempting to "Generate Files" from iPart table, the Generate Files entry is grayed out.

Is it because the part is already published?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

not sure how you 'Generate File' - file is generated automatically when you 'place' it in assembly. you can choose than the version of the part and only that one part is generated in sub directory of same name as the iPart file.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

2grumpy,

Open the iPart factory, expand the iPart Table, select the "child" parts you want to save on disk, right-click & pick "Generate Files".

You can have Inventor save some or all to disk this way & not just in the context of an assembly part.

In my case, "Generate Files" is grayed out. Would like to know why.

Thanks for the input.
Message 4 of 13
Cadmanto

What version are you running?

Can you post this file to look at?

After you have published the files to the CC, can you extract each member form the CC?

Not sure why you need to generate the files after you have published them.  Not really seeing why it is necessary.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

its because you have set one of parameters/columns to custom input.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Thank you, I had the same problem and this solved it!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

This helped my case. Thanks

Message 8 of 13
wilburn

I'm experiencing this problem also. How/where do you check for a column set to "custom"? Thank you!

Message 9 of 13
johnsonshiue
in reply to: wilburn

Hi! Edit the author table and check if there is any column highlighted in blue. That means the column is a custom column whose value can be entered by the user on placement. Also "Generate Files" cannot generate such member.

Please share the iPart factory here or send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I can take a quick look to see why "Generate Files" does not work.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 13
blandisW3NND

I am having a different issue. The "generate files" is able to get clicked, but it will not generate the member and produces the attached error. The I-Table is working, the geometry creates what I need correctly; there are no errors in the feature tree or table. But something is causing this hang up and I can't generate any files. 

blandisW3NND_0-1719930260778.png

Message 11 of 13
johnsonshiue
in reply to: blandisW3NND

Hi! The error indicates that certain features in the particular configuration fail to compute. Please share the file here or send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I can help take a look to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 13
dmiller78L9S
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi, hoping you are willing to take a look at my ipart.  Everything looks as though it should work.  I can cycle through all of the part variations, but can't get the table to generate the files.  Thank you in advance!  Dave

Message 13 of 13
dmiller78L9S
in reply to: dmiller78L9S

UPDATE:  I figured out a fix for my files.  I deleted all the previously generated files and then regenerated the files.  Everything seems to be back to normal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report