Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find Content Center - Inventor 2011

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
ARCross
4919 Views, 22 Replies

Cannot find Content Center - Inventor 2011

This seems to be a perennial issue for me with each upgrade of Inventor.

Although content center is installed properly, Inventor 2011 cannot seem to find it. I get this error message:

[WARNING] Problems encountered while executing frame insert command.
[ERROR] Failed to read data from Content Center.
[ERROR] Content Center server query failed. Please check your Content Center configuration to make sure all required libraries are present or check Content Center connectivity to server.

I have checked my application option settings and my project file settings and they both point to the correct directory

I have checked the directory and the libraries are there. I have folder permissions and the UAW is turned off.

I opened an old assembly created in Inventor 2010 and was able to access the content center int that assembly. I seem to having problems in those assemblies created in 2011.

Anyone else have this problem?

Andrew

Windows 7 64 bit
Inventor 2011

PS - how do a fellow go about doing a repair install of content center without the discs?
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
rkeller
in reply to: ARCross

I have had the same problem after installation several times and the fastest work around thus far is to just reinstall the content center libraries. It takes about 15 minutes just enough time to go grab a snack. 🙂 2008 seemed to keep forgetting where they were and usually required monthly reinstall so far 2010 and 2011 only once right after installation
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous

In the image, your In Use is unchecked.
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert

Subscribe to the free "The Creative Inventor Magazine now available at:
http://teknigroup.com/CI-Subscribe-Login.asp
Message 4 of 23
ARCross

Kent, thanks - an enforced break is not a bad thing.

I am still not sure how to reinstall components of inventor. I have tried to run the setup file in the Autodesk program folder but it comes back with an error message. I still have the files downloaded from subscription center. Do I run those again?

Dennis, I noticed that the boxes where unchecked. If I check them and exit the dialog box, the boxes are unchecked when I return. I thought it might be because I have not inserted any parts into my assemblies using those libraries.
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous

Are you running as administrator or Power user rights?

If so, then I think you have a installation issue. Read and follow this
after uninstalling Inventor 2011.
http://teknigroup.com/tutorials/InstallAdsk2009.html

Also, you will want to install all 2011 hotfixes after reinstallation.

--

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous

To uninstall/reinstall, go to Control Panel to Add/Remove programs. Not
sure what the folder name is in Win 7. Might be programs.
--

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous

please double click Setup.exe in DVD1 to launch installer framework, on the
Select products to install page, you can check CCL to install. on the Begin
Installation page, click Configure button and go to CCL select page, make
sure the CCL that you want to install has been checked.

--
Kevin Hu, Autodesk
Message 8 of 23
ARCross

Thanks Kevin. I uninstalled CC and reinstalled to the default location. I was still getting the same error message so I uninstalled and reinstalled to another directory on a different partition of my hard drive.

Although I changed the setting in the application options, Inventor still cannot read the CC. The libraries are visible in the project manager dialog box but they I cannot read them.

I am not sure where to go from here. I made sure that my virus software was turned off, UAC is off and I have admin rights.

Any thoughts?
Message 9 of 23
~master

IV2010 Pro

I have similar problems, all of a sudden it cannot find the CC.

I log out of Vault from IV and log back in, then they are there again.

There is some problem where IV loses the connections.
Message 10 of 23
Anonymous

Are you running Desktop Content Center or ADMS based Content Center?
Have you configured Tools >> Application Options >> Content Center
correctly for the CC that you have installed?
--

Message 11 of 23
ARCross

I am running Desktop Content Center. I have made sure that application options is set right and have double checked in the project manager dialog box. All the libraries are there - they just aren't accessible.
Message 12 of 23
bigblock

I reopen this discussion because I have a similar issue.   My problem seems to be that I can't select "In Use" in the configure content center dialog box under "manage projects"

I select "in use", close the box, reopen the box and the libraries are still unselected.

As consequence I can't access any libraries of my CC.   All directory paths should be right.

Any help ?

Message 13 of 23
jwreplogle

This needs to be reopened.  I am installing from a network image to several school computer.  I have selected desktop content and on Win7 and XP computer the content center does not work.  I have re-created the image several times and read a bunch on the internet. 

Seems form what I ahve read that Autodesk Inventor 2011 is plagued with CC not working.

Message 14 of 23
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: bigblock

Did you have any files open when editing the Project? If so, try with no files open, then pick Save Project

@bigblock wrote:

I reopen this discussion because I have a similar issue.   My problem seems to be that I can't select "In Use" in the configure content center dialog box under "manage projects"

I select "in use", close the box, reopen the box and the libraries are still unselected.

As consequence I can't access any libraries of my CC.   All directory paths should be right.

Any help ?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 15 of 23
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: jwreplogle

Netwok installs do not provide for Desktop Content Center, only Vault conten center. There have been a couple posts about modifying thedeployment install image, but I have been installing the Desktop content from my own separate deployment.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 16 of 23
lure23
in reply to: jwreplogle

I'm also having this problem with Windows 7 Home (Finnish) and Inventor 2011.

Lost access to Content Center sometime during last month. No idea what did that. Tried reinstall and the files are definately there under C:/ProgramData. But the icon in Manage > Projects for CC configuration keeps being disabled.

What to do?

Autodesk: reinstalling a software of this magnitude should not be the way to come around. Don't try to suggest that.

BTW, Internet Explorer 9 seems to work badly with Autodesk Forums. I switched to another window while editing this and getting back, the cursor was first gone a *long* time. Eventually all my previous edit was lost. I will mention this to Autodesk somehow - for now if you're using IE9 don't switch windows while doing the edit. Gosh... 2011. Will IT *ever* grow up? 🙂

Addendum: 

I uploaded three pictures showing the problem. In one, the CC icon is shown disabled (though the files are there and Control Panel does have "Autodesk Inventor Content Center Libraries 2011 (Desktop Content)" installed).

In another, you see what happens when trying to "Place" stuff from content library. Maybe THIS is my main problem, actually. In the dialog, "Library > Content Center" does not show the content center stuff but leads to some tutorial project's own file system (and a Content Center folder therein). Can anyone help?

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 17 of 23
lure23
in reply to: lure23

Uninstalled everything saying Autodesk and re-installed. No change.

I'm giving up on Content Center for now - need an expert to see and help me by hand. 😞

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Tags (1)
Message 18 of 23
lure23

At least part of the issue is that the Edit Content Center Configuration icon at the Manage > Projects dialog is disabled.

What can make it disabled, when Content Center is indeed installed. This is indicated in one of the screenshots I attached.

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Tags (1)
Message 19 of 23
lure23

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2011-W7-x64-SP1-breaks-Content-Center-and-D...

That item indicates Inventor 2011 SP1 is to blame. Will try uninstalling it soon.

Really, how come Autodesk quality control failed to find this before letting SP1 loose?  

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Tags (1)
Message 20 of 23
Dennis_Jeffrey

I have no problem running desktop or vault based content center on IV2011. SP1 should not be the issue.

Have you talked to your reseller about this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report