Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
bcrowell
Message 1 of 2 (80 Views)

Cannot derive Vaulted assembly

80 Views, 1 Replies
10-24-2013 08:16 AM

There is an assembly in Vault that I need to derive into a single part to work with our CMM software.

When I try to open up the assembly from Vault, it opens up just fine, with no warning or errors or save prompts, so all part data links should be ok.  However, when I try to derive it there is a part that will not come in.  If I derive the assembly and keep each solid as a solid body, it derives just fine but that is not what I need.

Is there any way to troubleshoot why a file isn't coming in for the derive but works just fine with Vault?  I can't attach the assembly but I will try to attach the process I have recorded and have a screen clip of the error message.

Inventor 2013 (SP2 Update 2), Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), SP1, Intel Xeon 3.07GHz CPU, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 2000, Vault Basic 2013
Valued Contributor
bcrowell
Message 2 of 2 (72 Views)

Re: Cannot derive Vaulted assembly

10-24-2013 08:37 AM in reply to: bcrowell

Inventor 2013 (SP2 Update 2), Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), SP1, Intel Xeon 3.07GHz CPU, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 2000, Vault Basic 2013
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.