Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete off Recently Used list ??

42 REPLIES 42
SOLVED
Message 1 of 43
FrontlineFusionLtd
14997 Views, 42 Replies

Cannot delete off Recently Used list ??

hi,

I have inventor 2015 and i cannot get rid of anything  of the recently used window. Its cluttered with frame generator components and a file that i tried to delete to get rid of, and now it sits as an empty file but its still there too.

how do i remedy this?

42 REPLIES 42
Message 21 of 43
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: ian

Hi Ian,

Looks like your image attachment didn't come through. one thing I forgot to mention is that MyHome is essentially a web browser. If you just click on it & then hit the F5 key does that refresh things ?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 22 of 43
blair
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

I didn't have anything good to say about the "MyHome" when it was in Beta and I still stand by the same coments I made about it then. It's the first thing I turn off when Inventor is installed.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 23 of 43
NachitoMax
in reply to: blair

Hi

I have made a solution for this that legs you choose wherher to remove just the recents list, just the pinned list or both. I was toying with the idea of an addin. Would there be interest?

Cheers

Nige

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 24 of 43
atajabbas

HI Chris,

But how to find this. I've serched the inventor and mycomputer, but I couldn't find this link

Ata

Message 25 of 43
atajabbas

But, please Chris, how to find this registry
Message 26 of 43
SBix26
in reply to: atajabbas

Under the Start menu, type 'regedit' in the search field, this should find the registry editor.  It looks somewhat like folders and files, but it's really not.  Be careful-- you can do a lot of unintentional (and intentional) damage in the registry, since this is the information your computer uses to run everything.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1 Update 3
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 27 of 43
atajabbas

Hi Chris,
I've found the registry, and I have removed some files from there but they are still in My Home Recently Used, even I turned the computer off then restart again,
So what will be the solution
Regards,
Ata
Message 28 of 43
ChrisMitchell01

Ata,

There is no other solutions except deleting formt he list of files in the registry. That's the only place the information is stored. Does it make a difference if you click on the MyHome window & then press the F5 key ? That will cause the MyHome browser to refresh.

Can you share an image of what you see in MyHome & also what you see in the registry ?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 29 of 43
atajabbas
in reply to: SBix26

Hi there,I have doen and removed the files from the registry, but they are still in the window of "recently used" even I turned the computer off and restart again.Thank youAta
Message 30 of 43
ChrisMitchell01

OK - does it make a difference if you click on the MyHome window & then press the F5 key ? That will cause the MyHome browser to refresh.

Can you share an image of what you see in MyHome & also what you see in the registry ?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 31 of 43
atajabbas

It doesn't work, the files are still in the recently used and not in the registry.I couldn't take shot to both, but a pdf file for the registry is possible.F5 goes to start internet browser.Regards,Ata
Message 32 of 43
Anonymous
in reply to: FrontlineFusionLtd

Is there any chance that new version of Inventor will show in Home Screen only files which belongs to selected project? It would be nice feature.

Message 33 of 43
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes...Smiley Happy

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 34 of 43
cmharb

I use a work computer and we are loccked out of Regedit, so there is no way we can purge the Recently Used files.

And anyway you have to be very carefull when in regedit because of you delete or change teh wrong thing you can kill your computer.

I am amazed that this was even suggested as a solution.

w7u-64sp1,iv14,intel.xeon.e5-2620 0 @2.00 2.00-32gb,gtx560-4gb
Message 35 of 43
NachitoMax
in reply to: cmharb

Hi

i wouldnt mess around with the regedit unless i knew what i was doing. Luckily, i do....

Like i said before, i made an app that does this just fine. I can select to remove the history, the pinned or both. I'll look into getting it on the App store as a freebie soon 

Thanks

P.S. the spoilers below were clicked in error and i cannot seem to remove them...... sorry lol

Spoiler

Spoiler
Thanks
Spoiler

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 36 of 43
Anonymous
in reply to: FrontlineFusionLtd

Another option is to use this command:

NEWTABMOD (Autocad 2015)

STARTMODE (Autocad 2016)

Default value is "1" which shows that "Recent files" Home Screen.

If you set it to "0" when you open Autocad it will only show a grey empty screen, not showing recent files or new document templates.

This solved my problem.

spanish source: http://recursosinterior.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/iniciar-autocad-2015.html

Message 37 of 43
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous: that may work well for AutoCAD, but this thread (and this forum) is for Inventor...

Sam B

Message 38 of 43
b.mccarthy
in reply to: SBix26

I know this thread is 5 years old, however, I am experiencing the same issue with 2021. I am unable to delete or modify the registry entries:

ScreenHunter 2020-05-01 023.jpg

ScreenHunter 2020-05-01 024.jpg

TIA

Message 39 of 43

There shouldn't be anything different for this in 2021. Admittedly it's a shame that you still have to edit the registry to clean it up.

Have you tried running regedit as Administrator ?

I just tried deleting a few file references in regedit & the MRU was cleaned up accordingly.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 40 of 43

So the Run As Admin trick did allow me to delete the entries. I went through the entire list, deleted every entry and rebooted the system. When it came back up, I checked the registry, and every deleted entry returned.

As a bit of history, I received an assembly from one of our overseas fabricator (iges), and the files came in with non-standard characters:

ScreenHunter 2020-05-01 026.jpg

The problem arose after I saved the parent assembly. I renamed the files to match their part numbering schema and vaulted the renamed parts and assemblies and closed them. When the Home Screen displayed, this is what was shown:

ScreenHunter 2020-05-01 025.jpg

Notice the Vault Status icon. The 2nd and 4th files are the renamed version that were just vaulted. The status icon does not change after a refresh, re-launch of Inventor, or reboot. I can delete the renamed items by clicking on the trash icon, but not the original converted files.

Something is happening that reloads the registry data after it is deleted. How can this be happening?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report