Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Delete Fill From Sketch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1301 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot Delete Fill From Sketch

I am trying to delete fill from a sketch I have done on a drawing. (See attached). Unfortunately I cannot find any way to delete without deleting the whole sketch. I tried as Inventor help said to go into Annotate Ribbon and change Layer & Style but both these dropdowns show blank when I try that. I also tried going into Fill/Hatch again hoping the new one would overwrite the old one but no success.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

I am using 2012 and what works for me is if you edit the sketch that has the fill, select the fill/hatch region command on the ribbon and uncheck the fill button.  This removes the fill.

fill.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

No luck with your suggestion. I too am 2012. Attached is a screenshot of what I get when I select the fill / hatch command on the ribbon. It does not remove it when I deselect. I thought I could pick the hatch instead of fill and it would hatch and remove the fill but it does not. -- Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering. http://www.mailguard.com.au
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I have re-done a simple sketch on a new drawing and it works fine and can switch between fill & hatch. It must be something corrupt with the sketch I have. I will delete and re-do it on my proper drawing. Thanks for your input Cadmanto.

Message 5 of 6
Cadmanto

Cool.  Glad it is working for you now.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 6
RodrigoEiras

This is an old thread but the same thing has happened in Inventor 2015 to me with a drawing sketch that took me a long time to prepare. As in your case, the suggestion from Cadmanto didn't work, but I accidentally find a workaround.

If you relax some constraint to open the area where the hatch is cointained, it will dissapear.

This saved me A LOT of time!

Capture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report