Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot check parts in again, only undo checkout

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Marcel_
599 Views, 8 Replies

Cannot check parts in again, only undo checkout

Hello,

I checked an assembly out of vault earlier, did some minor changes on some of the parts and created .pdf and .dxf files for production of all parts.

Now, as I want to check the assemblies, parts and drawings in again, it shows me all parts in blue and only offers the option "undo checkout". Why is that?

undo chekcout.png

thank you for your help,

Marcel

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
swalton
in reply to: Marcel_

The files with the white checkmark on a green background are the ones that you edited.  The files with the black checkmark on the white background have been checked-out to you, but have not been modified.  Vault will not let you check in un-modified files.  You can only un-do check for them.

An asterisk (*) at the end of the file name shows that you have modified a file, but not yet saved it to your hard drive.

See http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-3621EE8C-4CC6-44F8-8111-314ADE6D2AB3 for a list of Vault Icons.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 9
Marcel_
in reply to: swalton

Hey swalton,

thank you for your reply and link. Now I know that I can only check in the green files. But even that does not work. When I want to check in 11100 (the general assembly which is green), the check-in window stays completely empty. Scanning for related files also comes up with a prompt "no files found".

How do I go about it to check in the altered files and drawings, while undoing the checkout of the residual files?

Marcel

Message 4 of 9
Marcel_

Hello,

does anybody have any advice, still can't solve the problem.

thanks!

Marcel

Message 5 of 9
karthur1

Something has gotten out of sync.  Not exactly sure what, but since you have the edits saved on your workspace, I would do this.

1. In the inventor vault browser, right click on the 111000.iam and select "Undo Checkout". Before you select "OK".... make sure the "replace working copies" is UNCHECKED.  Otherwise, it will overwrite your edits.

2014-04-29_1615.png

2. Close all Inventor windows you have open.  Now reopen the 11000.iam.

3.  Go back to the Inventor Vault browser.  Right click on the 11100,.iam and check it out.  Behind the Settings button, check the "Include children". Press Ok and everything should be checked-out.

2014-04-29_1618.png

4.  Save the assembly, then right click and select "Check-in".  Again behind the settings button, select the "Include children" box.  Press OK and everything should be checked into Vault.

If this does not work, I would close and restart Inventor and do the above steps again. 

Also, you CAN check in an un-modified file.  I do that all the time.  The file version is not incremented in Vault when you do that.

Kirk

Message 6 of 9
Marcel_
in reply to: karthur1

Hello Kirk,

thank you very much for your detailed reply.I have followed your first step and undone the checkout without overwriting working files.

Unfortunately, in the second step, I don't get the usual check-out window when checking 11100 back out. Instead, it tells me that some properties may be out of date and asks if I want to update those (see image).  It doesn't make any visible difference if I click yes or no, the file 11100 that has already been open blinks shortly and nothing happens. I get no check-out window.

properties out of date.jpg

Where do I go from here?

I am close to deleting all the files from vault and do a clean checkin with the workfiles. Yet it aggravates me not to understand what's happening.

thanks,

Marcel

Message 7 of 9
karthur1

I hate to tell you to overwrite your changes, before that... try this. I would go into vault and check out the assembly from there.  When it says "xxx is NEWER than the data in vault.  DO you want to overwrite it?"... say No.

Then go back into inventor and check it in.

Kirk

Message 8 of 9
Marcel_
in reply to: karthur1

Hi Kirk,

thank you for your reply, but somehow that did not work either. Finally I ended up deleting all the files from the vault manually, took me a good hour. Then I checked in the newest version from my harddrive.

I do dislike having to proceed like this, but I saw no other way and had already lost a good half day on this.

have a good evening,

Marcel

Message 9 of 9
karthur1

Marcel

Glad you got it gong, but hate that you lost your work.  What you ran into was not a "Normal" occurance with Vault.  If it happens again post back.  It has to be something else going on. 

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report