Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change the Representation in 'Drawing View'

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
off2board
1785 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot change the Representation in 'Drawing View'

I want to change my level of detail on one of my drawing views, but it locked out (or greyed out).  typically, all you have to do is uncheck the associative link from the master view, and that enables the ability to change 'position', or 'level of detail'...but in this case its locking me out completely.

drawing view.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jalger
in reply to: off2board

Hi Off2Board,

It looks like its a vaulted file.

Did you take ownership of the file before creating the Drawing?

Try Taking ownership of the file then see if the position reps are available. (could be it thinks its in use by someone else)

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 4
off2board
in reply to: jalger

Doesnt appear to be a vault issue.  Closed everything related to vault and opened up an old assembly on my local drive, then put it into a drawing and Im having the same issues.  Even tried using Autocads standard template.  Tried it on a coworkers computer and same issue.

I am wondering if its related to SP2 because I've never seen this issue before.  Odd.

Message 4 of 4
swalton
in reply to: off2board

It looks like your view is a child of another view.  I did not think that it was possible to change the position rep or LOD of a child view to something different than a parent view.  However, you can do that with design views.

You might have to replace the child view with a new base view to get what you want.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report