Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change templates

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
iangarfield
840 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot change templates

I'm trying to set up Inventor 2014 on our network.  I've got it installed on a machine and we wanted to share the template paths as our network users don't have access to the C:\ drive.  Default template paths are C:\Users\xxxxxx and I was going to change it to a network share P:\Autodesk\xxxxxx.  However, when I change the path, it won't accept it and the text goes red in the box (pic attached).  I thought it was to do with it being a network share but it won't even change it to the C:\ drive when logged on as an administrator which has full access.  I can't get round this at all!  Permissions are correct, just stumped.

I have tweeted the support team and they say uninstall, reinstall, restart.  This is a fresh install but I have tried regardless all to no avail.  There's got to be some solution!!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: iangarfield

I believe this is erroring on you because it is in conflict with your master project file.  What you need to do is first change your master project file (xxx.ipj) to read/write.  Then open the MP file to edit it.  Within the master project file you will see the default folder for your templates.  Change it there.  Then change the MP file back to read only.  See if this solves this issue for you.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
iangarfield
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the reply.  I have changed permissions to that file, I have attached screenshots to what the edited MP file shows - what do I change in that file to get the correct locations?  The other screenshot shows the locations I want to use.  Bit unsure!!

Message 4 of 6
Cadmanto

No, that is not where I was talking about.  Smiley Happy

Take a look at the attached file and that oiutlines where I was trying to point you to.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 6
iangarfield
in reply to: Cadmanto

Ok, ok,, I have no idea with this software, I have no idea how to use it and where to find anything as I'm only supposed to be installing it, not using it!

I have done what you have said, there is no default project.  Are there any instructions on how to use this software for a complete idiot as I don't find this software user friendly at all!!!

Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto

Ironically, I have never install it.  Our IT department does that.  Are you installing Vault as well?

I know that you are supposed to have a default working folder that is setup as a base folder in which every folder

is created out of it.

As far as instructions, I would search you-tube for installation instructions.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report