Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add Material to mold design

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
beltloaderman
658 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot add Material to mold design

Good morning,

I was wondering if someone could help me.  I am new to Inventor, I have Inventor 2014. I bought a book called Mastering Autodesk Inventor 2014 the Autor is Curtis Waguespack.  I was following along in Chapter 19 on  mold design.  I got the part in after clicking on Plastic Parts.  After right clicking, and clicked done, I then clicked on "Select Material" (to add material as the book said) and I get a message error see attachment.  I did click on the configure Libraries see attachment two.  Not sure where to go from here.

Many thanks,

John

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: beltloaderman

Have you installed Service Packs 1 and 2 and Update 3?

Are you running on stand-alone license or on network license?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
beltloaderman
in reply to: JDMather

Good Afternoon JD,

Thanks so much for getting back with me.  I just downloaded and installed service pack 2, but I did not see and update for 3, can you point me in the right place.  To answer your other question, I am running a stand-alone license.  When I did install service pack 2 I was able to click on "select Material" and I am now able to put material to the mold.  I did go back to Communication Center, and it is showing that there is a Product Update available.  When I click on the update it still show it for the service pack 2. 

Thanks so much,

John

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: beltloaderman

Is your problem solved?

Google.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
beltloaderman
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks much for all your help.

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report