Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
nkeeley
Message 1 of 3 (152 Views)

Cancel meshing

152 Views, 2 Replies
12-14-2012 02:21 PM

Why does cancelling meshing or simulation in Inventor's FEA take so long? If the meshing is taking way too long I usually assume I have a meshing error and try to cancel the process so I can correct it. However, when I try to cancel the meshing for these parts, it always takes forever to cancel. Usually I end up waiting a fewminutes then doing a hard restart of Inventor. Once I left it running overnight and it was still trying to cancel the meshing come morning. And it's not just one part, this happens everytime I try to cancel a mesh that's stalled out. Is this just something to expect? Anybody know what Inventor is trying to do before it abandons the process it's trying to complete?

Contributor
sandhup
Message 2 of 3 (75 Views)

Re: Cancel meshing

03-10-2014 10:10 AM in reply to: nkeeley

I get the same issue. I hit escape and it still continues to compute the mesh, as if its hanging in a loop.

Valued Mentor
graemev
Message 3 of 3 (64 Views)

Re: Cancel meshing

03-10-2014 11:06 AM in reply to: nkeeley

FWIW, there's already a post in the Idea Station to have the escape key force stoppage of command execution.  This idea has already been tagged as "Accepted."

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.