Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you control the design views of sub assemblies in .idw's

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
114 Views, 1 Reply

Can you control the design views of sub assemblies in .idw's

Is it possible to control design views of sub assemblies, or should I say all of the sub assembly design views in an idw of the single main assembly? I was thinking if you could drill down into the main assembly and select a folded view of the sub assembly and then on the next page of the idw select the unfolded or straight view. If we had this kind of control this could eliminate making separate files for moving parts shown in different positions. Just wondering? Jerry Chasek
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think SeanD has a nifty routine for this on his site...........not used it myself though. -- Laurence, Power is nothing without Control --- "Jerry Chasek" wrote in message news:3ff9a833_4@statler... > Is it possible to control design views of sub assemblies, or should I say > all of the sub assembly design views in an idw of the single main assembly? > I was thinking if you could drill down into the main assembly and select a > folded view of the sub assembly and then on the next page of the idw select > the unfolded or straight view. If we had this kind of control this could > eliminate making separate files for moving parts shown in different > positions. > Just wondering? > > Jerry Chasek > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report