Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN THIS BE FLATTENED?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JimSteinmeyer
699 Views, 5 Replies

CAN THIS BE FLATTENED?

I am dealing with some leagacy parts that I need to turn into sheet metal and modify. Is there a way to flatten this part? I have attempted to convert to sheet metal and create a flat pattern but it will not flatten. I have also attempted to unfold but that does not work either? I could bring in a new dxf and start over, but if this could be flattened it may be faster. Can someone offer suggestions as to how to flatten?

inventor 12

Thank you

Jim s

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: JimSteinmeyer

As modeled NO. Because the material/sections near the middle (those 4 triangles) require deformation(elongation/stretching) of the material in multiple directions which is not supported in Inventor/unfolding.. This is a stamped part not a press brake part.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
M.Peppel

Hi Jim,

please find the unfolded part attached. A friend of mine (he owns Logopress 3) unfolded it for you.

Regards

Matthias 

Nihil Ex Nihilo
Message 4 of 6
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: M.Peppel

Methias,

Thank you for getting this done, Thank your friend as well. do you know what method he used?

Mcgyvr. thank you for looking at the part. If I were to slit the sides where the lines in the center would that work? I Don't know why I didn't look at that before asking as that is how we cut the part to fold it.

Jim

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 5 of 6
JDMather

I think if you cut out those "triangles" you might be able to get it - but not the way you bent the part.  Use sheet metal tools.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
industrial

Hi, I'm new to the forums, I want to know a little more of how Logopress in autodes inventor.
I have read on the internet but focuses heavily on soliword, in one of the consultation found a video but falls short. appreciate the help

postscript, my English is a bit sorry for the bad translation

att. Hedwynson Hernandez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report