Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use inventor 2015.

91 REPLIES 91
SOLVED
Message 1 of 92
kasnorma
13251 Views, 91 Replies

Can't use inventor 2015.

I freshly installed inventor 2015 and it start up to a blank white screen and unable to click on anything.

I have attempted repaire/reinstall and complete uninstall and reinstall.

System specs are as follows:

Dell percision M6800

CPU: Intel I7-4700MQ

RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX

SSd: Msata 500GB Samsung EVO 840 (Autodesk products and windows installed here)

Hdd: 2 x 1 TB 7200rpm

GPU: Quadro K3100M (latest driver installed)

91 REPLIES 91
Message 61 of 92

Hi again

yes, to be sure I tested again! After uninstalling 360 I have a normal working, when I use my home internet connection.

Inventor start in 15 sec. No waiting 2 min for dialog box, when starting open file.

No waiting for closing Inventor ( Task Manager show before, it was running 2-3 min. after close).

CefOptions need no special setting (blank).

No problems with AdCefWebBrowser.exe. It start with Inventor (and/or with AutoCAD) without problems, and shut down when closing programs.

So it also should be, when working on company network.

Remark. We will not use Cloud 360 in a company like ouers. It is and should be a good option, if needed. We are using Wault Pro (with backup), Vault data server replication and sharing data together with other company data.

So all what needed for bigger companies in Start Up Page is setting program unit. After that we turn it off, and run with Vault.

regards

Jørn Jacobsen

Tags (1)
Message 62 of 92

Lars,

Thanks much for your information.  I hope to learn more about Inventor's behavior in your company network in an upcoming meeting through Lars.

By the way, you don't need the Start Page to set units.  As Chris wrote: "you can also configure the Default templates from Tools, App Options, File tab."

Cheers,

Phil

Message 63 of 92

Jørn,

Looking forward to reviewing all this with you tomorrow. In the meantime I have added you to the Inventor 2016 "Shelby" Beta project. If you have the time/interest to test that, we have provided a special Inventor build with an updated MyHome component. It would be greatly appreciated if you could give that a try in your environment where the proxy server is enabled, to see if there any notbale differences.

If anyone else, who has experienced MyHome related startup problems in 2015, would like to try this new MyHome component in the "Shelby" Beta, if you do NOT already have access then you can apply for access using this link:

http://bit.ly/InventorBeta

(Note all feedback about Shelby should only be discussed on the Shelby forums as it is all under non-disclosure; please do not discuss any Shelby functionality on these public forums).

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 64 of 92

Phil

But unit setup from Start Page can change default template (overwrite) for Public User.

Running project here by using templates from a specifyed folder. I have more times seen users use mix of model templates, and they don't notice, that templates from Public User have different unit.

Jørn

Tags (1)
Message 65 of 92

Hi Phil.

As I see it just now, it's the new AdCefWebBrowser who need a connection to work.

AutoCAD use this browser too, and is slow to start up, open file and open Options Dialog box.

Like Inventor AutoCAD is "hanging" as process in Task Maneger 1-2 min. after shot down.

Jørn

Tags (1)
Message 66 of 92

Jørn,

I can confirm that the “Configure Default Template” dialog is the same whether launched from Application Options or My Home, with the exception that from Application Options, the changes are not made immediately on ok from the “Configure Default Template” dialog. They are made after Apply is clicked in Application Options.

Would you check to see whether you can modify the templates in the Public folder from Application Options after clicking Apply?

Thanks,

Phil

Message 67 of 92
nick.houston
in reply to: kasnorma

Hi,

I’m having a great deal of trouble trying to get Inventor 2015 professional to work. I have tried reinstalling it, installing all of the service packs and updates and fixing suggested registry issues but none seem to work. Each time I try to start the program it freezes at the screen shown and practically disables my computer for about 3 minutes. My computer fully meets the specification required to run the program and the product is fully registered. Do you have any ideas or ways in which you could help resolve my issue? 

Message 68 of 92
blair
in reply to: nick.houston

Sorry to hear about your problems, your statement really doesn't state what Reg Edits you did or didn't do. Were you logged in as an Administrator on your system.

It could be as simple as your machine hanging on the "My Home", try disabling it with the following setting:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion19.0\System\Preferences\File

change the value of "ShowHomeBaseOnStartup" to 0

Can you please confirm that the following regirstry value is 0:

If Inventor won't start at all, to even do this, you can run regedit & change ShowWelcomeScreen" to 0 under

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion19.0\System\Preferences\File]

Check this page as well: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 69 of 92
nick.houston
in reply to: blair

Yes, 

I have already changed that to 0 and the software doesn't open it always hangs at that screen before it closes. I forgot to mention I am running windows 8.1 and I am an administrator.

Message 70 of 92
cmbronder

Hi Nick: when you get that Inventor Professional splash screen you attached to your post, could you try holding the Alt key and selecting Tab to see if there are any hidden error message dialogs. Since you said your computer hangs for a few minutes, you may have already tried this.

Clare

Message 71 of 92
nick.houston
in reply to: cmbronder

Yes I have tried this already. I have no idea what the issue is there doesn't seem to be any additional processes slowing it down. Any other ideas of what my issue could be or any solutions ? 

Message 72 of 92
cmbronder

Hi Nick: I discussed this with someone else who wondered:

a) do you have another Windows 8.1 machine you could try it on?, and

b) it could be a licensing issue.

I have nothing beyond that right now.

Clare

Message 73 of 92
nick.houston
in reply to: cmbronder

I do not have another computer I could try sorry but it could perhaps be a licensing issue as that proccess always seems to be running each time I open the program and fails to close.

Message 74 of 92
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: kasnorma

Have you tried right clicking Inventor icon & forcing to Run as Administrator?

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 75 of 92

Yes I have.

- Nick

Message 76 of 92
NathanLos

If it is a licensing issue, there might be some diagnostic information in the log files located in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm folder. You might also want to post a copy of the ProductInformation.pit file (located in the same folder). We can check it for errors and confirm it looks reasonable.

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 77 of 92
nick.houston
in reply to: NathanLos

Here you are.  (It wouldn't allow me to upload the .pit so I changed the file to a .doc to upload it. Just change it back to view it) 

If that doesn't work do you have another method of upload?

- Nick

Message 78 of 92
NathanLos

The PIT file looks good. Did the licensing log files reveal anything?

Do you have any customized policies or limitations on your computer? Such as special registry permissions, scripts that delete unrecognized files, tools that audit/block certain activities, etc.

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 79 of 92
nick.houston
in reply to: NathanLos

Nope nothing at all. Now you see how i've been struggling haha

- Nick

Message 80 of 92
NathanLos

I've escalated to the Product Support team with a request that they get in touch with you directly. They have experience with this kind of issue and their extra eyes will hopefully get to a resolution more quickly. I'll keep watching the thread; please post again if you don't hear from them tomorrow.

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report