Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use inventor 2015.

91 REPLIES 91
SOLVED
Message 1 of 92
kasnorma
13344 Views, 91 Replies

Can't use inventor 2015.

I freshly installed inventor 2015 and it start up to a blank white screen and unable to click on anything.

I have attempted repaire/reinstall and complete uninstall and reinstall.

System specs are as follows:

Dell percision M6800

CPU: Intel I7-4700MQ

RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX

SSd: Msata 500GB Samsung EVO 840 (Autodesk products and windows installed here)

Hdd: 2 x 1 TB 7200rpm

GPU: Quadro K3100M (latest driver installed)

91 REPLIES 91
Message 41 of 92
scottmoyse
in reply to: cmbronder

@Anonymous wrote:

If a particular setting is not found when importing the XML, the default value is used. Inventor proceeds to read and use the settings that are in the XML.

gutted. I was hoping it would leave the existing setting alone instead of using a default value.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 42 of 92
cmbronder
in reply to: scottmoyse

HI Scott,

I apologize for being misleading.  It will leave the existing setting alone for values that were not found on Import.

Thanks for catching that,

Clare

Message 43 of 92
scottmoyse
in reply to: cmbronder

@Anonymous wrote:

HI Scott,

I apologize for being misleading.  It will leave the existing setting alone for values that were not found on Import.

Thanks for catching that,

Clare

That is excellent news... now for figuring out how to restructure the xml file so it only includes company standard settings 😉

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 44 of 92
ChipTz
in reply to: scottmoyse

Same issue here

trendmicro installed

inv 2014 & 2015 installed

Always crashes if going to home

let me know if you need additional info.

Have no fear, Nuno is here!
Message 45 of 92
cmbronder
in reply to: ChipTz

Hi ChipTz,

Sorry to hear you're having this problem.  When the crash occurs, do you get a dialog to submit a report regarding the crash? If so, did you submit one?

Are there any other symptoms like does Inventor display with a white screen and nothing selectable?

What happens if you right-click the Inventor shortcut and Run as Administrator?

Another useful datapoint is what occurs if it possible for you to run Inventor with your Microtrend anti-virus disabled.

Thank you,

Clare

Message 46 of 92
sriniva91
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark

Greetings for the day!

Your post relly help me in fixing the Inventor issue

i have 1more Q can you please and let me know what is the enhansment made in Inventor professional 2015 Vs 2013

Thanks

Srini

Message 47 of 92
sriniva91
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Dear Chris

Greetings for the day!

we have "N" number of users is going to use Autodesk Inventor professional 2015 soon in another few days

so it is not possible for us to instruct  all the users to follow the below steps for fixing this issue

Step1:-

On opening Inventor Professional 2015 click on Tools then click on Application Options.

Step2:-

On opening the Application option go to General tab then click on uncheck the check box on Show My Home on startup(1) then click on Apply(2) then click on Close(3)

Try Close Inventor Professional 2015 and opening Inventor Professional 2015 now , The fix worked.

we need a permanent solution for this so hence I request the Autodesk Inventor 2015 team to find the root cause and to make an permanent fix or solution for this issue

Thanks

Vasan

Message 48 of 92
sriniva91
in reply to: ChipTz

Dear Chip
Can you please help me !
I would like to know the high level comparison what is the Enhancements made between 2015release Vs release 2013 for Inventor Professional
on Google it I found what the new features available , But I need know what are enhancement was made on some features

Thanks
Vasan

Message 49 of 92
cmbronder
in reply to: sriniva91

Hi Vasan,

This information might be what you are looking for:

New features in Inventor 2015:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/...

New features in Inventor 2014:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2014/...

Hope this helps,

Clare

Message 50 of 92
joern.jacobsen
in reply to: sriniva91

I an also sitting i same situation - Want to upgragde to Inventor for all users. I hav tryed most work around, and have no good way for starting up.

Problem have been known for more than 5 months - Where are Autodesk? - Should we wait and maybe later go to 2016?

Senior CAD Manager

Jørn Jacobsen

GEA

Message 51 of 92

Jørn,

You are correct, there are no "all-encompassing" solutions yet, for this generic issue of MyHome preventing Inventor from startup. It is the subject of lots of ongoing investigation though. There are various workarounds:

--proxy-server=host: port

Specify the HTTP/SOCKS4/SOCKS5 proxy server to use for requests

--no-proxy-server
      Disables the proxy server.

--proxy-auto-detect
      Autodetect  proxy  configuration.

--proxy-pac-url=URL
      Specify proxy autoconfiguration URL

See the proxy resolution section in https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/wiki/GeneralUsage if you have additional interest in what's going on with proxies.

• If you are using HP laptops with the DPAgent.exe process enabled then there is a known conflict there; which we are dependent on HP for resolution. The workaround is to disable the HP Protect tools password manager:

HP ProtectTools.png

• If you are seeing exceptions from your specific Anti-Virus or Firewall software then we need to know the details of what you products you are using & any specific configurations/errors.
  • If you have limited user rights then using Run As Administrator may help, if that's an option. (not for everyone, I know).
  • If none of the above work then unfortunately, the only option is to set the registry value to disable MyHome. Run regedit & change ShowWelcomeScreen" to 0 under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion19.0\System\Preferences\File] If you are using a deployment then you can export that setting as part of any other Application options you may change & include that xml file in your deployment.
  • Note that even after doing that registry change to disable MyHome on start, if you hit the Home icon on the ribbon, then you will likely still see the hang problem. You could remove the GetStarted tab from the ribbon to avoid that from occurring.

Please do provide us with which options you try & which, if any, work. We will use the info to endeavor to provide more comprehensive/less arduous fixes.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 52 of 92

Hi Chris

Thank you for a quick respons.

Just now I can report, that with Inventor 2015 SP1 the value "--proxy-server=host: port" let me work on ouer restrictive company network without problems.

I tested allso working "standalone" on my home net. With or without setting value, I could start Inventor as administrator and was running fine. If I started as normal user, it started fine, but it took 3-4 min.

Setting units are placed into the Start Up Page - So it must be solved.

Please inform for any news.

Regards

Jørn Jacobsen

GEA

Tags (1)
Message 53 of 92

Jørn,

Thanks for the info. Do you have any additional info about how your proxy is configured which you miaght be able to share with us ? What exactly did you use for registry setting ? What proxy software do you use ?

You wouldn't need it at home on the assumption that you don't have any proxy configured there.

You can also configure the Default templates from Tools, App Options, File tab.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 54 of 92

Hi

We are using Proxy Auto-Config Pac. For exactly setting I have to contact/Ask ouer security group. But it is restrictiv ang continuing downlod for install. is not allowed.

About working home. Yes, I have no proxy. But Inventor is very slow to start up if I am normal user. Same if disconnection I-net connection. I see it as Inventor is asking for something and fade aut after some time. And it goes faster, if I am adm. on PC.

Normal is working outside compagny by connecting network by AT&T, but with a slow net user will borrow a license and work stand-alone and only yse net for mails etc. Normal users are not adm. on PC.

Jørn

Tags (1)
Message 55 of 92

Jørn,

A few questions if you could check with your security team.

For the Proxy server what type of authentication is used?

Do they allow local addresses to bypass the proxy server?

A few other questions.

With Inventor are you using Vault?

Do you use any Add-ins or Apps, from Autodesk or others, with Inventor.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 56 of 92

Hi Danny

Here is answer from ouer security team.

We do'nt use authentication.

If bypassing proxy server, it must be set up wit axactly IP by the network team.

Hope this can help.

Regards

Jørn

Tags (1)
Message 57 of 92

Jørn,

Can you find out if on the proxy server is the security team has disabled in Services, Protocols or Ports?

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 58 of 92

Just now I can see, that it not only a request about services, protocols and ports.

Start Page is opening nearly if you write "something" into CefOptions setting.

If I give a string setting into Reg, it somtimes change when I start up Inventor.

If I schwich off Start Page in Application Option, sometimes string settings fro CefOptions into Reg will be changed.

Same can happen if I turn on Start Page.

And I allso see, that CefOptions is included if I import a setup XML-file in Application Options. This can not be changeged in Options before export.

What is options for using this setup?

Must it be different if using Start Page yes/no?

I allso see, if I work at home only with home internet connection, Inventor start up normally after having uninstalled 360. Why?

Jørn Jacobsen

Tags (1)
Message 59 of 92

Jørn,

We discussed some of the issues you're seeing there, with Lars just last week; the fact that all seems to work Ok when you're off the company network & working at home, shows that there are some proxy conflicts occurring.

We hope to set up a meeting through Lars, in the very near-term to allow us to witness exactly what you're seeing so that we can suggest the best course of action.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 60 of 92

Jørn,

You can edit the CefOptions in a setup XML-file by hand, import in Application Options, then exit Inventor normally.  That should write the CefOptions to the registry.  The next time Inventor starts the value it reads from the registry will be the one it wrote on exit.  Inventor will add the CefOptions value to the command-line for the CEF processes handling the Start Page.  CefOptions are irrelevant on startup if Inventor doesn't use CEF, like by launching the Start Page or Team Web.

Are you saying that when you work at home with home internet connection, as a normal user, Inventor takes a normal amount of startup time -- instead of 3-4 mins -- after uninstalling 360?

Regards,

Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums