Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn on/off sketch visibility

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jeff_jordan
1338 Views, 10 Replies

Can't turn on/off sketch visibility

I have three sketches.  Two are 2D sketches and the third is a 3D sketch created by the intersection of two surfaces created from the previous two 2D sketches.  The order of the browser is as follows:

Sketch1

Sketch2

Revolution (surface)

Extrusion (surface)

3D Sketch 1

When I go back to edit Sketch 2, Sketch 1 is always showing...regardless of whether or not I turn on/off visibility.  The visibility toggle has no effect.  Sketch 2 has no projected geometry from Sketch 1.

Anyone else having issues like this??

Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 (Inventor 2015 Pro SP1, Vault 2015 Pro Update 1)
MacbookPro OSx 10.9, Boot Camp
Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: jeff_jordan

Could you attach the dataset for more investigation?

Thanks,
River

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 11
jeff_jordan
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

River,

Attached is a representative part.  Edit Sketch 2 and you'll see Sketch 1 no matter what you do.  Thanks for looking at this!

-Jeff

Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 (Inventor 2015 Pro SP1, Vault 2015 Pro Update 1)
Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
Message 4 of 11
Yijiang.Cai

I could reproduce this, and looks interesting. When there is no feature created based on sketches, it works as expected. And when the sketch visibility is off in master view, it also works as expected. You could have a try.

Thanks,
River

Thanks,
River Cai

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 11
jeff_jordan

River,

Very strange.  I switched back to master view and all works as expected.  I deleted WIP view and created a new view...and all worked as expected.  It looks like it had something to do with the WIP view.  Our part templates have this view already created...could this be the issue?  Thanks again for looking at this...at least I can work around it.

-Jeff

Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
Message 6 of 11
Yijiang.Cai

Hi Jeff,

I could reproduce this issue from scratch, and it should not be related to the template.

Thanks,
River

Thanks,
River Cai

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 11
bobvdd

Jeff,

For your reference, the defect number is 1466402.

Thanks

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 8 of 11
jeff_jordan
in reply to: bobvdd

This defect is becoming unbearable in more complex skeletal models.

Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
Message 9 of 11
Yijiang.Cai

Could you send me @ river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com  the dataset for more investigation?

Thanks,
River

Thanks,
River Cai

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 11
bobvdd

Jeff,

We identified the problem to be caused by the way we handle visibility in viewreps in a part (viewreps existed in assemblies but were newly introduced in parts in 2012).

Prior to editing your sketch, can you activate the Master viewrep in the part browser and make the sketch (first sketch)  that you don't want to see, invisible in the Master viewrep? Then edit your second sketch with the Master viewrep still active.

Hopefully this will take care of that first sketch showing up when you don't want it to.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 11 of 11
jeff_jordan
in reply to: bobvdd

Bob,

Thank you for the reply.  This seems to take care of the issue.  A little confusing as to why the sketch visibility of a new view rep is handled in the master view rep...especially when the new view rep is not locked.  Changes to the view rep should stick when unlocked.  But this gets me by...thank you.

Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report