Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to use revisions at all in the Vault

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lkrenzler
535 Views, 4 Replies

Can't seem to use revisions at all in the Vault

I'm not sure what I'm missing here.  I'm trying to change the revision number of an assembly in the Vault and it's just ghosted out (see pic) along with Change Category, Change State etc.  I can't seem to assign a revison scheme in the Vault application (that's ghosted out too).  The revision table settings in Inventor are also ghosted out.  

I'm having a hard time finding proper instructions.  I've activated revision tables in the Vault to no effect.  This is a pet peive with Inventor, it seems any time I need something it's ghosted out with no hint as to why...like Inventor is saying, ya it's here but only if the planets are alligned just right.

Can anyone point me to some instructions on how to get this working?  We have Vault 2014 Professional.  Thanks so much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: lkrenzler

Are you an administrator to the Vault?

When you go to tools>addins, is the vault active?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
lkrenzler
in reply to: Cadmanto

Yes to both.  The Vault has been in use and working fine otherwise for some time.  I am the admistrator. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: lkrenzler

Do you use File Gategories?  Because you assign the revision schemes by category.

cat.JPG

I'm not sure why your Vault Revision settings are greyed out.  As to your other imag, was that taken from within Inventor?  I have seen these greyed out when the file is either not checked out, or needs to be refreshed.

Message 5 of 5
lkrenzler
in reply to: cbenner

Yes, file catagories seems to work and our revision scheme is applied (it seems).

Yes, the other image is from within Inventor.  I've attached a wider shot.  Check-in, Check-out and all works fine and we've used it a lot.  Everything is refreshed and current.  The ghosted Revise, etc. never become active.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report