Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see sketch lines/dimensions

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
SMGordon
2807 Views, 10 Replies

Can't see sketch lines/dimensions

Every once in a while when I try to edit a sketch the lines and dimensions disappear. When I'm not editing the sketch and I mouse over it in the browser, it highlights as normal, but if I double click to edit it, everything disappears (even if I "slice graphics") and if I make new objects they disappear like if I was drawing lines on a turned-off layer in AutoCAD. If I make the sketch visible in 3D space nothing shows up unless I mouse over it and it highlights. I've tried redefining the sketch but that doesn't change anything. This has happened on different versions of Inventor in different versions of windows and it doesn't happen often but is certainly frustrating when my only solution right now is to delete and redraw.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: SMGordon

>...certainly frustrating when my only solution right now is to delete and redraw.

Next time before you delete and redraw attach the file exhibiting this behavior here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

You mentioned different versions of IV as well as O/S, it the box and
graphics card still the same?

--
IV2010-Pro-sp2 Subscript-Pac
Vista Business 64bit Sp2
Core i7 950 @ 3.07Ghz EVGA x58 Classified
12Gb DDR3-1600, 240Gb (4 x 60 Gb SSD - RAID0)
Quadro FX3800 - 191.87
SpacePilot 3.8.3 / 6.8.1
AVG9.0
"JDMather" wrote in message news:6355645@discussion.autodesk.com...
>...certainly frustrating when my only solution right now is to delete and
>redraw.

Next time before you delete and redraw attach the file exhibiting this
behavior here.
Message 4 of 11
SMGordon

See attached weldment >> Machining >> Revolution 1 >> Sketch 1 . Also I forgot to mention that (at least in this case, can't remember about the other times) I had modified one of the parts the sketch was dependant on, which of course caused errors. Except this time, again, I couldn't work through it and fix the errors.
Message 5 of 11
SMGordon

no, different equipment as well
Message 6 of 11
SMGordon

uhhhh disregard those files, I fixed another sketch which came after this sketch and wasn't dependant on any faces this sketch made...but now everything is fine. Not sure how that works but that's okay.
Message 7 of 11
alewer

Stupid question: have you hit F10 (or View, Object Visibility, Sketches) when it happens?
Message 8 of 11
JDMather

You might try installing Sevice Pack 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
wjohnson1976

Hello, I was just wondering if you found a solution to this problem. I am getting the exact same thing except EVERY time I go to edit sketch this happens. Looks like this thread has been active recently and died quickly (crossing my fingers this means there is a simple, quick solution that I have overlooked!)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

W
Message 10 of 11
SMGordon

All I can advise to do is fix the rest of the model as best you can. My model had other errors that seemed unrelated, but once I fixed up the other sketches and features my problem sketch became normal again.

Hope that helps
Message 11 of 11
zma1013

If this is happening within the weldment assembly environment, you might try actually double clicking and accessing the Machining group and then editing your sketch from there. If you try to edit the sketch without first clicking on the Machining group then you may experience this problem. Trust me, it works if you do what I say. Still not sure what causes it.
IV2012

Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 @ 2.13 GHz
Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI 256MB Vram
2 GB Ram
160GB HDD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report