Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't save new tube run, getting error message...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hheng1111
503 Views, 1 Reply

Can't save new tube run, getting error message...

I'm getting this message after creating a new tube run:

"H6705-51.ipt can only be saved in the context of H6705.Tube and Pipe Runs.iam"

I've never had this error come up. I added a tube run to an assembly and just couldn't save the new run. I tried opening the main tube run file and also the individual tube run but I get the same kind of error message. Thanks for your help in advance!

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: hheng1111

@hheng1111 wrote:

I'm getting this message after creating a new tube run:

"H6705-51.ipt can only be saved in the context of H6705.Tube and Pipe Runs.iam"

I've never had this error come up. I added a tube run to an assembly and just couldn't save the new run. I tried opening the main tube run file and also the individual tube run but I get the same kind of error message. Thanks for your help in advance!

How was this run created.  Was it created under the Tube & Pipe Runs.iam sub-assembly?  Or was it created as a separate assembly open by itself and then placed into your main assembly?  The workflow of how you did this is key to figuring out what went wrong.

Ordinarily you structure should be:

Main Assembly

Tube & Pipe Runs.iam (su-assembly created when you add your first run)

Individual Pipe Run 1.iam

Individual Pipe Run 2.iam...

... and so on.  When you edit one of the individual runs, you cannot save until you return up at least one level, or all the way to the top.  I don't know why... that's just the rule.

tree.JPG

In this image, note that I added the job number as prefix to the descriptive Run names.  This is typical of how my T&P Assemblies are organized.  Under each run are several routes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report