Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't save - Inventor 2009

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
657 Views, 3 Replies

Can't save - Inventor 2009

I can't save anything at the moment. I'm getting the message

"The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect. The database in K;\blah/blah\blah.widget.ipt* could not be saved"

It's notihng to do with an improper name; even saving as the default 'Part 3' doesn't work.

At the moment I'm limping by using Save Copy As. Neither Save not Save As work at all.

Needless to say, everything was fine yesterday. Any ideas, guys?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you rebooted the computer and the behavior persists?  (you left out this critical information)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Sorry, hit 'Solved' by mistake.

Yes, I have both restarted Inventor and restarted the whole PC, ansd the behaviour continues.

Message 4 of 4
dcadman
in reply to: Anonymous

Just registered and this is my first post :-). have looked at this forum often. (often quicker than looking in help in Inventor)   Had this problem today and after much frustration and half the office trying to solve it we discovered that save as type was set all files (*.*).  Also discovered someone else on the forum posted same solution and commented its maybe a bug that changes it to all files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report