Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Place Parts (Unresolved Reference) in Assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ThatGuy2780
749 Views, 1 Reply

Can't Place Parts (Unresolved Reference) in Assembly

I've just installed Inventor 2015 (after coming from 2013 version) and I am attempted to assemble a piece in the Assembly but I can't even get past the importing part.  I received the parts from a teacher through e-mail, I donwloaded the .rar and extracted it to a folder on my desktop and all the files are .ipt .  I troubleshot this by creating a part on my own, and saving it into the same directory, and then importing it into the assembly and it worked.  However these other parts are not importing.  They keep showing up as Unresolved Reference" and I go to locate them in the same folder I saved the to (which I originally try to get the parts out of) it takes me back to the same window.  It am getting quite frustrated and need some help.  

------
Windows 8.1
AMD FX-8350
ASUS HD 7770 2GB
500 HDD
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: ThatGuy2780

Looks like you need to edit your Project File to include this directory that the files are in. Inventor uses the Project File as a search map that Inventor will look in to file the files required for your Assembly IAM file.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report