Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't place balloon

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2915 Views, 5 Replies

Can't place balloon

I replaced a content center part in an assembly, and after I did that the replacement part showed up in the parts list, but the part cannot have a balloon set on it. In the Edit Parts List dialog, there is no balloon in the balloon column for the part, and the Member Selection box is disabled (see attached).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I found a way to make it work - I had to go to the IAM file and disable the BOM view. Then I had to delete the balloons and parts list in the IDW, and recreate the parts list, which re-enabled the BOW view. Then I was allowed to edit the parts list and add balloons.

This seems like a laborous way to go about things - or is it the only way?

Message 3 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi mooresk257,

This is just a guess, but I think you could have also resolved this by pushing your item # overrides back to the assembly file, using the button shown here:

Autodesk Inventor Save Item Number Overrides to BOM.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Hi Curtis,

I did try that, and it didn't work - although the item number changes were pushed to the BOM I was still unable to balloon the part.

Any idea why Member Selection is disabled? It is still inaccessible even in the freshly re-enabled BOM.

Thanks,

Scott

Message 5 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi mooresk257,

The member selection button is only availible when the parts list is referencing an iAssembly. So if the assembly you show in your screen grab is not an iAssembly, all is well.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 6
caroline.ccc

Hello.

I found a solution to my problem which is pretty much the same. I`m not able to place a balloon in only one of the parts which seams to be perfect in the BOM. 

To me is something related to the hidden edges, when I turn on the hidden edges Inventor allows to place balloon if I turn them off then it is not possible anymore. 
It is a kind of a bug. 😑

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report