Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't move content center parts into folder?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lkrenzler
1152 Views, 4 Replies

Can't move content center parts into folder?

I've run into this a lot.  I'm trying to put some pipe fittings into a folder (created with parts from the content center) and I get this error.  I can't move them, or create a new folder with them in it.  If I copy the parts and delete the originals the copies behave properly.  I know component patterns are a problem but anyone know what's up with this?  Any way around it?  The error message is SO helpfull...Also, I can move any folder in the browswer to re-organize accept for the "PANELS" one at the bottom for no apparent reason.  So strange.

F3.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: lkrenzler

My guess is with your first scenario, there is a sequential pecking order issue going on here.  Basically, the CC part (or any part for that matter) cannot go after a part that was created before it or one that might be constrained to it.  Thus, when you delete it, basically you are changing it's pecking order to the bottom so it is pretty much free to go where it wants.

I hope that makes sense.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
lkrenzler
in reply to: Cadmanto

Not sure I fully understand but it only seems to be an issue with the CC items (in this case pipe joints).  If I make or place other types of parts it's not an issue.  At this point they aren't linked or constrained to anything as far as I know.

When I copy one of the parts, the little T icon goes away even though it is exactly the same part.  Not sure if that means anything but if it icon changes the part behaves properly.

F4.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
Message 4 of 5
dba78
Message 5 of 5
Mark.Lancaster

The issue is related to what Inventor thinks these content center components belong to. Since you have the routed system add-in loaded, Inventor applies the rules of the routed system module to your assembly (although you're not making a routed system module). The reason I know is based on the bluish piping tee in the browser icon. When you have the routed system module loaded, CC components coming from the tube & pipe section of content center are controlled by the routed system rules of the program and thus you can't promote, demoted, move them to folders, normal replace and etc. It kind of falls under this article: https://synergiscadblog.com/2014/04/14/component-replacement-on-a-content-center-part/ So if you want to have them in a folder and not under the routed system rule control. Unload the routed system add-in.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report