Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't move a flexible assembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Myles1
1883 Views, 4 Replies

Can't move a flexible assembly

I have a sub-assembly that is flexible, (constrained properly, not grounded) and when I try to move it in the main assembly, I get the "universal NO" symbol attached to my cursor.  There are no constraints preventing the movement in the sub, since I can move it however I want when the sub is opened.  Any reason why this would happen?  And how can I fix it. 

Inv 2011

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Myles1

Hi Myles1,

Are there any Positional representations at play here, in the subassembly and/or top level assembly? That's the first thing that came to mind.

The second suggestion would be to go to the Manage tab > Rebuild All button and see what happens when you click it.

Additionaly, you might provide a screen capture of the browser at the subassembly and top level assembly, so others can see what you're seeing, hopefully something will stand out.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5
blair
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Any bad/sick constraints will stop the item from moving as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

by "flexible" did you mean you right clicked on that subassembly in the top level sub-assembly and checked "flexible" or just the fact that it "should" be flexible..

Just checking...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
Myles1
in reply to: mcgyvr

I right clicked on the sub in the main assy, and selected "flexible". 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report