Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find it in browser in scetch mode

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
415 Views, 6 Replies

Can't find it in browser in scetch mode

IV 2008. In an assambly I try to find a visible scetch in the browser. I switch the curser to be sensitive to scetch elements and point on a line of the scetch with RMB an chose 'find in browser'. I get an error massage "can't finde in browser. Maybe a filter is turned on." I never had that bahavier in IV11. Is there something in the settings I might set wrong?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Santosh
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you turned on Modeling view in the browser? At the top of your browser, if it says Assembly View, click on the dropdown and switch to Modeling View so that part sketches and features are displayed in the browser.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Santosh

I have inventor 2010.  Yesterday i was playing with the "renderings" feature / ribbon.  Today - my rendering's ribbon is gone and I no longer have a "MODEL" explorer tree on the left side showing sketches, componenets, constrains, etc.

inventor.png

Message 4 of 7
-niels-

Welcome to the Forum!

You've revived a reasonably old topic, it might have been better to just post a new one.
Anyway, for the missing browser, on the ribbon go to the "View" tab and search for "user interface".
It should give you a dropdown with "browser" in it.

As for the "renderings" ribbon, if you right-click on the ribbon itself and go to "show panels" in the sub-menu does it show up (unchecked) there?

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: -niels-

Thank you -- fixed! the browser issue -- but NO - the renderings ribbon is still missing

Patti Venetucci
patvenetucci@yahoo.com
(630) 605-9346
If you don't like change, you'll dislike irrelevance even more.
Message 6 of 7
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:
...-- but NO - the renderings ribbon is still missing

Show screen capture of your Environments tab and of your Add-in Manager.

Did you ever have Render in this install?

Did you install with anti-virus and UAC disabled?

Have you installed all Service Packs?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! Try this. Go to View -> User Interface -> check Navigation Toolbar. Did you recall how it disappear? What workflow or operation led to the behavior?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report