Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit tables whatsoever.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3456 Views, 5 Replies

Can't edit tables whatsoever.

Hi,

I'm having an issue with Inventor such that when I create any new table in a .idw file.....I cannot seem to edit the table.  I have tried to double click the newly created table, as well, I have tried to righ-click and select edit.  Nothing happens except that Inventor stops responding to all of my requests until I hit ESC. 

I feel that it's as if the edit-table pop-up box has popped up but is not visible at all. 

Please help. 

Here are my specs:

Win 7 ultimate 64 bit

AutoDesk Inventor 2010

64-bit edition

Build 272, release 2010 sp3

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi amalik,

It sounds like the edit dialog is coming up off screen. Have a look at this link:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/01/missing-dialog-box.html

I hope this helps.

Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,

Curtis

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I tried that and unfortunately it didn't work.  What did happen is that I got my mouse to turn into a 4 way arrow (indicating that I could move something) but I didn't see any sort of a dialog box.   I'm totally lost.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

The idea of that fix was that you would be able to move the window into view. It make take a while for you to see it. Can you set your screen resolution higher by any chance? It would make it easier to find
Message 5 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried that and unfortunately it didn't work.  What did happen is that I got my mouse to turn into a 4 way arrow (indicating that I could move something) but I didn't see any sort of a dialog box.   I'm totally lost.

Hi amalik,

After you press M on the keyboard (your cursor will turn into the 4 way arrow) then Immediately press an arrow key on the keyboard. That should attach your cursor to the missing dialog box, so that when you move your mouse around you'll see the dialog box come with. Try it with the Open File dialog or some other dialog that is coming up on screen to see how it works.

Setting the screen resolution up really high as Beemum suggested might help as well, or possibly hooking up another monitor will generally help.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,

Curtis

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thanks everybody, the "hitting arrow key" right away solved it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report