Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't do flang on oval edges

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
barttexx
818 Views, 9 Replies

Can't do flang on oval edges

need help!!! i want to make flang on renctangle , but its with oval corners. How to make that??? i want to get flat pattern... How do it corect? thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: barttexx

"Need Help" is not a very well thought out subject title.

You will find that you might get more effort out of the volunteers here by taking a few more minutes to come up with an appropriate title.

Might be able to do with a Contoured Roll, but I have never tried it on an inside corner like that.

Attach the *.ipt file here of what you have attempted so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 10
barttexx
in reply to: JDMather

sorry for topic name...

now i don't have anything, i erase it , because i couldn't do flat pattern... so i put drawings, frow them i have to do same in 3D inventor... But i don't know how to do flang, which i would convert to flat pattern.. i draw before with swipe, but i get eror which says, from this construction can do flat pattern. please need help

Message 4 of 10
barttexx

any help??
Message 5 of 10
barttexx

any help?

Message 6 of 10
JDMather

You have not attached a *.ipt file here of what you have attempted so far.

Just like naming of a thread title - you are more likely to get help if you take the initiative to show work that has already been attempted to solve the problem.

The geometry is fairly trivial to create with Sweep feature, but of course that will not unfold.

But if you posted this geometry here - others would have at least have the dimensions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 10
Doug_DuPont

If you are trying to do this with a sheet metal part you will not be able to. Convert to standard part and sweep your flange profile around your opening.

Then you can convert it back to a sheet metal part if you want. You will not be able to get a flat pattern.

Hope that helps you.

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 8 of 10
chad38

You cannot do this. You'll need to weld in little rolled pieces for the corners.

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 9 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: chad38

I think it can be done without any welding - using a punch tool on the shop floor.

I think it can "sort of" be done in Inventor with tiny rip fudge.

Message 10 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

In general...Inventor cannot do flat patterns of stamped parts..press brake/rolled parts only

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report