Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Delete Random Points During Title Block Definition

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
929 Views, 4 Replies

Can't Delete Random Points During Title Block Definition

After inserting an ACAD file in my title block, our company logo, I deleted it and used a PNG file instead. However, some random points and connecting lines to these points were left and I am unable to delete them. I have attached a screen shot showing the intities and how I right-clicked on one, and the DELETE option is not available. I believe these are left over from a spline definition, but I can't seem to get rid of them. They only show up during title block edit. Once I save and get out of the edit mode, you can't see them. Anyone run across this problem before, and have a way to get rid of them?

Inventor Professional 2015

64-bit Windows 7

Thanks,

Bob

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
diane.hawes
in reply to: Anonymous

Would it be possible for you to post the data set?  If it contains confidential information, all I need is the drawing with the title block, no views...

Regards,

Diane Hawes

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: diane.hawes

Diane,

I have attached a ZIP file with, hopefully, all the files you need. I've also included the AutoCAD dwg file that I used to copy and paste into the Inventor Title Block. When you edit the Title Block in the idw, you should see a couple of points and lines that connect them, just below the 2.75 dimension. Please let me know if you can find out something.

Thanks,

Bob

Message 4 of 5
diane.hawes
in reply to: Anonymous

Bob,

Thank you for the data set.  It was helpful in tracking down the problem.  I can see a number of objects that cannot be deleted in the title block definition.  But they are only visible when editing the title block definition, they are not visible in the drawing. 

I snooped around in the code and can see why the objects cannot be deleted but I do not understand how they got into that state.  That will require some additional investigation.  So, I created a bug, TFS Bug 34390.  The bug number may appear odd to you.  We are using a different application to track our bugs.  It is important to keep track of the prefix, "TFS", so we know which system to look it up in.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

Diane Hawes

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Josh_Hunt
in reply to: diane.hawes

@diane.hawes or @Anonymous did you determine how to remove the points? I have a similar problem [Inventor 2014] but I started with "Define New Zone Border..." command. I then deleted some of the text objects but the based point of the text cannot be deleted.

I opened the VBA editor and found this property.

ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.BorderDefinitions("NAME OF BORDER").Sketch.SketchPoints(1).DisabledActionTypes

The property equals "kDeleteAction" on some points and "kNoAction" on points I can delete.

I attempted to write this to fix this but it has no effect.

oDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
strBorderName = InputBox("Type the EXACT Border Name", "Border", "")
oBorder = oDoc.BorderDefinitions(strBorderName)
For Each i In oBorder.Sketch.SketchPoints
    If i.DisabledActionTypes = kDeleteAction Then
        MsgBox("point " & " : DisabledActionTypes = kDeleteAction")
        i.DisabledActionTypes = kNoAction
    End IF
Next

Josh Hunt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report