Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete (or break) projected sketch line

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
brendan.henderson
1658 Views, 7 Replies

Can't delete (or break) projected sketch line

I have a sketch where I used a projected reference. I later removed the source of the projection and now have a Crossfart Failure in the sketch. I can't select the reference or RMB and break link or delete it. I don't want to blow away the sketch as it drives other objects and solid bodies that I derived sheet metal parts off. Any ideas? The sketch part is also attached (2014 version).

sketch.png

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

You've really done it this time. Even if you delete everything inside sketch 4 it stil has the missing references icon. Smiley Surprised

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 8

Hi Brendan,

We are aware of this issue.The only way I could think of getting rid of this from the sketch would be to derive the part and it breaks the reference away.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 4 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: brendan.henderson

If you copy/paste the sketch, the reference will dissapear.
But you'll probably have to recreate your extrusion, i couldn't get it to select the pasted sketch's geometry...

I also don't know what will happen to your references, since it's no longer "sketch4".

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 5 of 8

I think, I got it.

I've copied Sketch4, pasted it into a new Sketch13 and built Extrusion6 once more. Loft3 needed update, too.

But now you can delete Sketch4 without problems.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 6 of 8

Good day Brendan.

Just wanted to check with you for an update. Please let us know, if you need further assistance.

We will be glad to assist you further.

Your understanding and support is greatly appreciated. Have a great day !

Thanks,
Vinod.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 7 of 8

Hi Vinod. Thanks for calling me yesterday. Attached is the part file with the problematic sketch reference. See Sketch4 with Reference3.

I'm not working on this project at the moment (but will again in the new year) so I have not tried any of the other posters methods. I'm very much interested in keeping Sketch4 as I have many parts derived off of it which will all break if the sketch is deleted. A colleague on Twitter recommended using the API to solve the problem. I have no idea how to do that.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 8 of 8

Hi! Brendan,

Without looking at the part, the image already shows something is not right. The browser shows Sketch4 is a shared adaptive sketch, which already breaks the rule of no sharing for adaptive sketch. I have seen similar behavior before. I usually suggest users avoid it as much as possible, because it can make the relationship and compute result hard to understand.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report