Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete linked user parameters from a derived part.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
zma1013
1359 Views, 5 Replies

Can't delete linked user parameters from a derived part.

Could someone tell me why I can't edit the folder or delete the linked user parameters in these 2 derived parts?  Something's messed up here because I can usually right click on the linked user parameters and either edit which ones to include or delete the parameters altogether.  Obviously I have attached the original part that they are derived from.

IV2012

Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 @ 2.13 GHz
Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI 256MB Vram
2 GB Ram
160GB HDD
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jtylerbc
in reply to: zma1013

I can't open your parts (still using 2010), so this is just a guess.  Are the linked parameters used by other parameters in the derived parts?  I don't think it will allow you to delete them if they are, so that could be your issue.

Message 3 of 6
zma1013
in reply to: jtylerbc

No, the parameters are not being used at the moment.

IV2012

Windows XP SP3 32-bit
2 GB Ram
160GB HDD
Message 4 of 6
jtylerbc

Okay, after fiddling around with an example from one of my own parts, I think I see what's causing your problem.

Linked parameters and Derived parameters behave a little differently.  The method of deleting you were referring to is for Linked, and doesn't seem to work for parameters that were included as part of a Derive Component operation.

What I think you need to do is right click on the name of the base part in the browser, and select Edit Derived Part.  In that dialog box, go down to the Parameters folder, and set the parameters you want to get rid of to Exclude.

Message 5 of 6
zma1013

Hey thanks man, that let me edit the parameters.  That helps out a lot.

IV2012

Windows XP SP3 32-bit
2 GB Ram
160GB HDD
Message 6 of 6

Been trying to figure out why the parts I built so long ago were not behaving correctly. Completely forgot I did a derive instead of a straight link. TYVM for reminding me to glance at the model tree.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report