Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please tel me why i get the error ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ga-a10
3115 Views, 4 Replies

Can someone please tel me why i get the error ?

cant attach file sin i tried to cut also but it still gives "the attempted operation had problems trimming and discarding faces. try with different inputs "

Thanks you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: ga-a10

Can you give more info please?  Like what operations are you trying to perform, what version and SP are you running?

Can you post some images of this as well?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
tsreagan
in reply to: ga-a10

You are probably cutting complex geometry,  and the cut line has landed in an unhappy spot.

This can occasionally occur.  you need to move the cut line slightly, or modify the portion of the geometry you are cutting.

The trick is finding the area that is causing the problem.

To do this,   cut your part (temporarally) in half (keeping both sides), cut it in the oposing direction to the cut that is having the issue.

Then try to do your original cut on each half,  if they both fail then you got problems.

If only one fails, then you have narrowed the offending area down by 50 percent.

cut the failed portion in half again (also perpendicular to the original desired cut)

now try your original cut on the remaining two quarters, if only one fails,  then you have further narrowed the

problemed geometry.  by now you should be able to spot the problem,  usually an area where a lot of faces come together, or strange fillets/patches.

usually you don't know exactly how to fix it,  just make a few changes or simplify the suspicious area and try to cut again untill it works.  this method has corrercted failed cuts for me many times past.

Don't save the part.   Reload the original whole part and fix the area if you have located it by now.

now you can do the failed cut without errors.  hopefully.

T.S.

Message 4 of 5
ga-a10
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi,

Im using inventor 2013

Please see images below.

thanks.

Message 5 of 5
ga-a10
in reply to: tsreagan

thanks man got it 🙂

it was overlapping at a small part.

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report