Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can some one help with assembly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jacob.hawk.fcp
380 Views, 6 Replies

can some one help with assembly

thanks to one user i was able to finish the blade then i did the next peices on my own all good and dandy. till i try to put them together for the next peice that attaches to the end with the 2 prongs. the one peice inside the large peice and the pin that is in it is in the right place its just the blade wont go through the hollow spot and line up with the pin. the other dimond cut peice in the page goes on after the hole in the blade 11.11 mm from the back tip to the face of the box. any help would be greatful.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

also with the pin i set the lenth to 9mm insted of 8mm.

Message 3 of 7
rhasell
in reply to: jacob.hawk.fcp

Hi

For anyone to open the assembly, you will need to attach all the parts as well.

Just looking at your contraints (Only thing that is available without the parts) you should perhaps look at going through some tutorials and preferably attend a course.

In my Opinon 'Angle' contrains should not take the place of 'Flush' and 'Mate'

You should not have to use dimensions in ALL your insert contraints, that immediately tells me that there is something wrong.

If you worked around the default workplanes, use those for contsraining parts, and use Mate and Flush instead.

Depending on the connection, a "Mate" - "Axis" and a "Mate/Flush midplane" is better than a "dimensioned Insert."

The more manual input you have in the assembly, the more things you have to change if and when the model changes, and more things can potentialy go wrong.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 4 of 7
jacob.hawk.fcp
in reply to: rhasell

here are 3 of them 

Message 5 of 7
jacob.hawk.fcp

and here are the rest

Message 6 of 7
rhasell
in reply to: jacob.hawk.fcp

Hi Jacob

I have built you assembly, see attached, I have NOT changed a thing, all I did was add the work planes where the default workplane should have been. I then contsrained your assembly, except for the 11mm item, I am not sure where you want that?

Firstly, there are a lot of issues with you models, you need to learn to constrain the sketches properly, there is a lot of information available on the web.

Try your best to work around the default work planes, it makes life so much easier.

There are some issies with the Blade Holder part. (I only checked the first few extrusions and sketches)

Nothing is constrained, there are no horizontal/vertical contraints either.

The midplane "line" is not in the middle either. (the pin hole is off center)

The Fillet at the bottom of the holder, has an overlap, I was quite surprised the extrusion even worked, (Learn't something new)

Too many dimensions and not enough constraints.

The part can be reduced to a few extrusions and one or two fillets with a bit of practice.

Great attempt though.

Read lots, keep playing with the software, you will get better every day.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 7 of 7
jacob.hawk.fcp

hey thank you as i have been waiting for someone to pitty a poor soul such as myself i have been going over alot of things that you and others have said and am trying to better myself. haha not to bad for the first day i hope here is what i have done on my own 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report