Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not uninstall Inventor 2015

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
barnadaniel
1367 Views, 3 Replies

Can not uninstall Inventor 2015

Hello,

Sorry if not at the right forum. I have uninstalled Inventor2014 recently and installed Inventor2015 which failed to launch. Our support team could not yet give a solution to the problem so I am trying to uninstall Inventor2015 now from my machine and install Inventor2014 which did work before.

Unfortunately, uninstallation of Inventor 2015 fails with the error message: "Error 1316: The specified account already exists". 

Can somebody give a hint what this can be due to, what to try next?

Thank you

daniel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: barnadaniel

Search for the Autodesk Clean Uninstall instructions (caution, this might require a Registry edit).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
barnadaniel
in reply to: JDMather

Nothing helped, all of my trials failed finally. I reinstalled the whole PC from scratch. 

Message 4 of 4
gblakework
in reply to: JDMather

Additionally try the Virtual Agent @ http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus.  I had success by eventually going thru a MS FixIt solution that was presented.  The folder deletions and registry edits mentioned above were not enough for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report