Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can it be detached and moved down?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mechdesigner12
288 Views, 4 Replies

Can it be detached and moved down?

Greetings!

I am working on a drawing where I have a part that is long and at an angle. I used "Break" to make the view shorter, but because of the lenght of the component, it looks akward (see the attached image). What I was wondering is that if anyone knows of a way to get it done the way I want it to be. 

In the attached image you can see what I am talking about. With the arrow I am showing that I want the top part to come down and be aligned with the bottom part. How do I do that? Is it even possible to do?

I am using Inventor 2013.

Your help greatly appreciated!

Best,

-Vadim

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dan_inv09
in reply to: mechdesigner12

This has been complained about for soooo long.

I'd just rotate the view so the tube is horizontal, it might not be ideal but it's better than what you've got.

Message 3 of 5
mechdesigner12
in reply to: dan_inv09

Message 4 of 5
dan_inv09
in reply to: mechdesigner12

The idea was "accepted" [US19754] in October:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Add-quot-Aligned-Orientation-quot-option-to-Break...

Maybe someone using 2015 can tell us if it made it in, but I suspect it won't be until at least the next release.

Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: dan_inv09

@dan_inv09 wrote:

The idea was "accepted" [US19754] in October:

Maybe someone using 2015 can tell us if it made it in, but I suspect it won't be until at least the next release.

Nope... 

They "accept" a lot of those.. Then just laugh when we complain 1..2..3 years later and it still isn't in there. 

I think "accepted" just means.. "oh this one isn't totally silly" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report