Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Inventor force a save of a drawing's parts and assemlby to new folder?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
trus
518 Views, 3 Replies

Can Inventor force a save of a drawing's parts and assemlby to new folder?

How may I best reuse a legacy assemlby and it's drawing to create/update to an vairant assembly?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CelticDesignServices
in reply to: trus

Not quite sure I get what you are trying to do, might be that I haven't had my coffee yet this morning.

But have you attempted to do a "save as" to the new folder location?

Are you wanting changes in the assembly to be reflected in other associated assemblies?

Are you using Vault?

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 3 of 4
trus
in reply to: CelticDesignServices

Not using the Vault.  I have an "top-level" assemlby that has three "sub-asseblies" that are nothing more than a variant of one another.  In other words, same parts in differnt locations and rather than building it three times and detailing the its drawing, I'd like to reuse the 1st build sub-assemlby and save it that has both shared parts and ones that only change in their length.  Under the File Save As there's a "Pack and Go" but I can't get it to go. 😕

Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: trus

I might just do a Save-Copy As and then just edit each assembly. Possible a screen capture to understand what you are trying to accomplish might help.

I can make a number of completely different assemblies using the same part arranged different ways in each assembly using 4 simple domino tiles all the same tile

1.) long row, end to end 

2.) short row, side to side

3.) flat surface, 2 up and 2 across

4.) hollow box

5.) stacked pile

I would want a new drawing for each one

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report