Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Inventor export Shape Files??

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
CMSTEVENS
499 Views, 0 Replies

Can Inventor export Shape Files??

For a couple years now I have been doing drawings of high pressurized piping & pressure vessels. This included as-built drawings of what was installed in the field by our company. I recently had a client company ask if we were capable of exporting our as-built drawings as a shape file. He said as far as he knew all "CAD programs" had this capability. I have never heard of shape files and am slowly learning just little bits about them from reading online. However, I still don't like what I am seeing because I have not been able to find any possible way. I am very doubtful Inventor can do such a thing, shape files just seem to primitive in comparison to what inventor is capable of & what I'm using it for. However, I thought maybe I could save my as-built and bring them into Autodesk AutoCAD and maybe stand some chance of exporting it than. I can get them to open in AutoCAD easy enough, that's simple, but I am not having much luck exporting them to a shape file. I was wondering if anyone had any possible suggestions.

-attached is an example of an as-built I would be working with

-any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report