Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I lock *.ipt files?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Albeda8
1079 Views, 7 Replies

Can I lock *.ipt files?

Hi,

I need lock my *.ipt files. Is it possible?

I would like to edit the file just me and others to have access forbidden. They could use file only for insert to *.iam.

Thank you.

Martin

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Albeda8

Search for informaton on Autodesk Vault.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Cadmanto

Welcome to the forum.

I know folders can be locked down in windows explorer.  What OS are you running?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 8
Albeda8
in reply to: Cadmanto

I using Windows XP and Windows 7.

My idea is change file to - "read only", but i think it is bad idea.

If I lock folder, can i still work with that file? (No edit just insert to *.iam)

Message 5 of 8
Cadmanto

If you lock the folder, yes your permissions can be setup so you can read/write to that folder.  You can setup others to be read only.  They will be able to see the files and copy them out to change, but cannot change the ones within those folders.  Like JD suggested you might want to look into Vault.  That would give you more stringent securities.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 8
Albeda8

You mean this permisions? I tryied decline last option ("zapisovat") and after that i cant open file in Inventor.

Message 7 of 8
Cadmanto

I can't read that language.  I personally have never done it myself, but I know it can be done because I have seen it.  The IT departments at the companies I have worked for have set them up.  Just do a google search for your OP system on how to place permissions on folders.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 8
blair

You should be able to access it from the Folder, RMB on the folder, bring up the Properties, select the Security tab, then the Advanced tab lower RH.

Depending you your network and Permissions, you may have to use the Effective Permissions tab rather than the Permissions tab and set up the allowed users and access control.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report