Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Fix Incorrect Presentation Trails?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Bill.Schmid
539 Views, 2 Replies

Can I Fix Incorrect Presentation Trails?

I need to create an exploded view of an assembly to show how it's supposed to be put together.  "Hey, why not use the slick presentation feature in Inventor?  I've already got the model!"  It's not working out to be that slick.

Capture.PNG

Outlined in red, is the "wrong" trail that Inventor put in by default.  I added the hightlighted trail, which is what I want and reflects how things actually go together.  How do I get rid of the one I don't want?  Hide turns off both of them.  Delete deletes the tweak.  All I've found was a workaround where I hide the line in the drawing.

I'm hoping it's just a menu pick or option that I've missed and would appreciate if someone could point that out.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

I am not sure if this was because of the "Auto-Explode" when initially creating view. Try creating another IPN file with it set to manual and tweak the parts individually. Not sure if this was what you had already done.

Don

Message 3 of 3
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: 4donwan4

I got disgusted with the whole thing and just put offsets in the original assembly.  The advantages were:

• More and better control over the positioning of the components.
  • Faster adjustments because I didn't have to move each component individually
  • Better control of the trails - I put a very narrow associative surface in for the trail.  In the drawing, I can turn off the visibility of one edge of the surface so I only see a single line.  I then have complete control over the line type and the lines hide when they go through or behind components.  I also only see the trials I want because I put them in.

Granted, if I wanted to use the annimation feature of Presentations, I couldn't, but I don't need that in this instance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report