Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

mason52
Message 1 of 2 (520 Views)

Can I Disable Command Alias Input Dialogs?

520 Views, 1 Replies
06-06-2012 09:22 AM

When I create a rectangular box in Autodesk Inventor 2008, shell it, and create a new sketch on any face and press E I expect to be greeted with the extrusion options. This does not happen, and a command alias input dialog appears in the status bar.

I really want to turn this off, since it has happened on other occasions as well. Since there's no other way to get to the extrusion feature, it completely halts my work.

Usually when I don't know what a feature is for and I'm not attempting to use it I expect to not see it- especially when I perform actions that don't usually bring it up. I'm not sure why the behavior has been put there. Hopefully it's not put into later versions (I've seen 2010 complaints as well) so someday an upgrade will remove the annoyance.

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 2 of 2 (518 Views)

Re: Can I Disable Command Alias Input Dialogs?

06-06-2012 09:29 AM in reply to: mason52

Hi mason52, 

If you go to Tools > Application Options > General tab, do you see an option called "Show Command alias input dialog" or something similar? If so does unchecking that help?

Also look for an option called "Show command prompting (Dynamic Prompts)".

I can't recall what was in Inventor 2008, but I think these options are there.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.