Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I convert a driven dimension into a constraint and viceversa?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
stefanome
334 Views, 1 Reply

Can I convert a driven dimension into a constraint and viceversa?

In the attached part there is a sketch with 2 dimensional constraints and one driven dimension.

Is it possible to select the driven dimension and one dimensional constraint and swap their "type"?

Often I study a (much more complex) sketch, and I look at some driven dimensions to see what happens when I change some dimensional constraints.

As I understand how the kinematics work, I want to convert a dimensional constraint into a driven dimension and a driven dimension into a constraint, and keep going with my analysis.

Is it possible to do something like that?

Thanks,

Stefano

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jtylerbc
in reply to: stefanome

Yes, but it's a two step process.  In the same area where you set Construction and Center linetypes in a sketch, there is also a toggle for switching a dimension from driving to driven.

You will need to first change the active dimension to Driven, then change the existing Driven one to active.  Trying to do it in the opposite order will give you an error that your sketch is overconstrained.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report